• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Fidel Castro, Cuba's leader of revolution, dies at 90

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Won't say RIP because the man doesn't deserve it. Happy he is gone.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Man, I can't wait to hear the President-elect's profound take on this event....

Oh...ok.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I can, he has the IQ of a box of hammers.

One of my law school professors was from Cuba. Her uncle was imprisoned simply for being outspoken against Castro. She was put on a boat with nothing but the clothes on her back and a doll at the age of 13 to live with family in Florida.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
So... the point is? Totally clueless.
K. There's something in history about a Cuban missile crisis but I honestly don't really know who Fidel Castro was. I did hear about Raul being his brother but I don't know him either so I really don't have any feel about what happened. I had a lot more feel about Osama bin Laden getting shot because 9/11

But I am wondering if it made a huge difference. I mean, when Stalin died they just tossed in Malenkov and Khrushchev. So I'm thinking Cuba will probaly just toss in a new dictator. I read another article that supports that logic.
Raúl Castro to Step Down as Cuba’s President in 2018

Yeah life could level up in Cuba but it could also hit bottom again.Freedom in Cuba could be a steep learning curve.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
hey lets not get too down on Canada. Obama and Carter's response wasn't a whole lot better:

Obama:
"We know that this moment fills Cubans — in Cuba and in the United States — with powerful emotions, recalling the countless ways in which Fidel Castro altered the course of individual lives, families, and of the Cuban nation," Obama said in a statement. "History will record and judge the enormous impact of this singular figure on the people and world around him."

Carter:
Rosalynn and I share our sympathies with the Castro family and the Cuban people on the death of Fidel Castro. We remember fondly our visits with him in Cuba and his love of his country. We wish the Cuban citizens peace and prosperity in the years ahead.

News flash Liberals: The guys you vote for don't give a shit about homosexual rights. If that's a big issue, as it seems to be, you need to find another party. (Because Castro was a leader in killing homosexuals if you didn't know.)