Fever

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by pro2A, Oct 3, 2008.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I've had a fever for the last 3 days. Its gone up as high as 104 (last night), and back to normal (this morning) at 98.6. Right now it's hovering around 101, but won't go away. I've been sick for the past 2 weeks off and on. I really don't want to have to go to the doctors for a simple fever, but at the same point its been going on for a while. Ideas?

2. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Sorry to hear it, man. As I understand it, any fever which recurs for longer than two days is good grounds for seeing a doctor. Do yourself a favor and book an appointment; you may need medicine that you can't get over the counter. If it goes away before you're examined, so much the better... but, if I were you, I wouldn't shilly-shally and fuck around with the health of my one and only brain.

Here's hoping you're back to normal super-soon.

3. pro2A

meh... luckily the temp has gone away at least in the last 24 hours, but I still feel like shit :(

4. leomay

leomay Registered Member

pls drinking more warmer water..and eat wormer food ~~

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

What are your other symptoms? Do you take meds for the fever? They do help to decrease the temperature. However, if this has been going on and off for several days, you may have something more serious like a bacteria or virus. It's best to see your doctor and have it checked to be on the safe side (you may need treatment) and avoid risk of infecting people you get in contact with often, like your family.

6. pro2A

I've been taking Ibuprofen, but like I said, my temp has not gone up in the last 24 hours... hopefully it stays that way. I'm hoping this is the end of it. Now I just have a headache, sniffly nose and sore throat. I'll stick it out another day, and if it doesnt go away i'll go see the doc.

7. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah a 104 temp isn't anything to sneeze at. As long as it has been going on you surely need to go see a doc! Especially if your other symptoms are still recurring. Lots of water and tylenol should help you out for now, but fever is almost always a sign of infection... which you can't take care of by ignoring =) Hope you feel better!

8. pro2A

Made it to the Docs today. My fever is gone but I still have a pretty nasty sore throat. He said any cold over 5-7 days is worth coming in for. He gave me a list of over the counter stuff to try and a script for some antibiotics. Hopefully this will end this cold.