Festus Getting a Push

wooly

I am the woolrus
*Contains Minor Smackdown Spoiler (no results or anything)*

Well seems that Festus is the next person WWE are developing surprisingly enough! I think they've taken a great turn with his story. This is a brilliant idea:

The WWE superstar formerly known as Festus has been repackaged and is now aligned with C.M. Punk. During Tuesday night's SmackDown taping, Festus joined Punk in the ring and announced himself as Luke Gallos. Gallos acted like a normal guy and blamed his previous mental condition on years of drug abuse. Punk took credit for helping Gallos get off drugs and has taken him under his wing. Gallos is expected to serve as Punk's enforcer.
This is a perfect way to get Festus over, if he can manage it. He's an intimidating guy and could be great as an enforcer. Even if Festus doesn't end up getting over as a singles star after this, it's a good storyline turn and a good involvement with CM Punk. Maybe we'll even see them on the Tag Team circuit for a while.

Great idea by the creative team methinks!

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Wow, now this story actually makes some sense =P

Good to see Festus back, and on a side note isn't his former partner some rapper gimmick type of guy, slam master J?

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Someone at another forum I post at said the WWE should do this back in September...I cannot believe its now happening.

Maybe this guy is a hole in WWE headquarters...i cant even believe this haha.

Shooting_Palanx

Yeah haha I noticed that too.

As soon as I saw him on a "Word up" segment involving the boys from Cryme Time, I knew he was just another filler as a wrestler.

I've only seen him once wrestle as Slam Master and that was months ago lol.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
That's awesome to hear...Festus is so entertaining in the ring, and I'm stoked to see where this goes!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Meh! Not a fan of him anyways, maybe it's the gimmick that I couldn't stand, but I didn't believe he was all that exciting in the ring. I'll have to wait and see him with this new gimmick before I can give a good opinion about new change.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Someone at another forum I post at said the WWE should do this back in September...I cannot believe its now happening.

Maybe this guy is a hole in WWE headquarters...i cant even believe this haha.
haha weird! maybe WWE pay more attention to internet fans than we thought. Someone saw the story and picked it up? It is a great idea for a storyline. Good for Festus, good for Punk, possibly good for the Tag Team division! (even though it could potentially put The Hart Dynasty another rung lower on the ladder, which i wouldn't like to see)

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
haha weird! maybe WWE pay more attention to internet fans than we thought. Someone saw the story and picked it up? It is a great idea for a storyline. Good for Festus, good for Punk, possibly good for the Tag Team division! (even though it could potentially put The Hart Dynasty another rung lower on the ladder, which i wouldn't like to see)
I bet the WWE has people who look at sites like this...just to see what people are saying. It sounds like something they'd do. I'm not sure they stole his idea but ya never know.

I'm still in shock, haha. Seriously.

And yeah, good for Punk and good for Festus. Festus is a big guy who can movce around in the ring and has a variety of moves; he's legit. Good pt about the tag division as they could add something there as well.

Shooting_Palanx

Yeah the Hart Dynasty deserve to be up there with the best of the Tag teams at the moment, I mean they did have a pretty cool match with DX this coming raw.