Fenway Park (likely) to Get Third Winter Classic Game

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Konshentz, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Sources: Fenway Park likely to host outdoor NHL game - ESPN

An Original Six Winter Classic. Sounds like a good couple of hours to me.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I'll go with the same stance I had on this last years... I really wish they wouldnt do them so close to eachother, but since thats not the deal. I am glad to see it going on in Fenway.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This game would be great. The Bruins and Canadiens are probably the biggest rivals in the NHL today. They would definitely put on a good show. Fenway park is a great stadium and would be a great place to hold a Winter Classic game.

4. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

last year was supposed to be at the old yankee stadium, this year the new yankee stadium gets overlooked again. i'm all for the original six but use my rangers against boston instead...the rivalry is stronger and canadiens got enough attention this year with the all-star game and their 100th year.

5. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

The site at Wrigley Field last year was epic and I'm sure it'll be the same this year at Fenway Park. I'll be watching.

6. Babe_Ruth

Sorry but there's no way the rivalry between Rangers an Bruins is bigger then the rivalry between Montreal and Boston. The Habs have faced the Bruins a lot in the playoffs during recent years and it could be the same this year.

7. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

i think there's more overall rivalry in sports between ny and boston. i agree that boston/montreal is a sick rivalry but montreal has had a TON of PR this year with their 100th anniversary and the all-star game.

8. Babe_Ruth

I don't see how that as to do with anything, can you please elaborate?

The rivalry between as been on going as long as the Rangers/Bruins rivalry. I think everyone on these forums can back me up when I say the Habs/Bruins rivalry is bigger, and in my opinion much better, but that's my personal opinion.

9. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

all year all i heard about was montreal this and that with them having the all-star game and their 100th year. i don't wanna hear about them for another god knows how many months because they're in the classic. use someone else please. i mean it'd be a good game but i've had my fill of montreal PR right now.

10. Babe_Ruth

You got understand that having a team for 100 years is saying a lot, trust me when it's going to be the Rangers turn(I believe they are next, or second in line to achieve this milestone) you'll be happy that they get notoriety like the Canadiens are getting this season.