Females playing with men

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I was wondering what were your thoughts about female atheletes playing against men.

Here's a few examples.

Michelle Wie playing in the PGA and competing against other men.

Haley Wikenheiser playing with a professional men's team in Europe.

Do you believe that female atheletes should stick in there own leagues, or you find it okay when they play against men?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Depends on the sport. Golf I see no problem, but contact sports are off limits. Why? Because people are immature creeps who will feel each other up and lawsuits would be flying left and right.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Part of me thinks if the women are good enough, then they should be playing with the best of the best, which is in a men's league.

On the other hand, there's a reason there are women's leagues: for women. If a man isn't good enough to play in a men's league, why isn't he allowed to play in the women's league?

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

My feelings exatcly, if a men tried to play in a women's league in certain leagues then hell would break lose.

Just for an example, lets say this guy isn't good enough to make a competetive professional men's hockey league, so he wants to join a womens league instead, there's no way that the commissioner of the league would allow him to play.

5. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Or they're immature children who assume every touch must have some kind of sexual intent. |: Same result, different person at fault.

I have no problem with it as long as everyone's on the same level. If a woman is in a physical condition fit for playing baseball with men, then by all means let her. Same for other more contact heavy sports. Of course, the more contact heavy the sport is, the less likely a woman would be suited for it. So like, football, I'm okay with, but the woman would have to be able to handle it, just like any guy.

Really it's the other way around, men in women's leagues, that I would question more |:

6. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

My feelings on this are sort of mixed as well...if an athlete is at the same level as the people he or she is competing against, their gender really shouldn't matter. Men and women are built so differently physically though, each gender typically has different physical strengths, not to mention just the difference in body mass, and I think that's why typically men and women are in separate leagues...nothing to do with one gender being better than the other, just different.

I think some crossover would be good though. When I was a competition fighter in karate tournaments I always trained with male sparring partners just because the studio I trained at was very male dominated at the time. At the tournaments though I was always up against women, and they do fight completely differently. I dominated in the women's division but would have loved to see how I would have faired in the men's division.

7. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

If a guy/girl isn't mature enough to keep their dam hands to themselves they should be punished for it. I say, if he/she is good enough to play, let them play.

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

If they do, then it should be the same standards. What I mean is that sometimes women are given pre-game advantage of some sort for being a woman. Like in golf, they may play the same tees but the ratings are not the same for men and women (or at least it's what I understand from it).

I do know that in some sports, men prefer not to play against women for fear of harrassment suits or "hurting the women" which makes them play nicer sometimes. :)

9. EndWinterRomance

EndWinterRomance PREGGERS

i definately support women playing against or even on the same teams as men.... i tried out for football in my school but they wouldnt let a girl join.... i did wrestling though and that was fine... its more a matter of the guys understanding the limits with girls or lack of.... obviously in wrestling they couldnt grab my boobs but other than that, i signed up for it so they didnt have to go easy on me.

10. padd

padd Registered Member

How long did that last.

Anyways.. no, There's no reason women should play with men. Men are bigger and stronger than women athletes. There's a reason for Women and Men leagues. I honestly cannot see women playing contact hockey in the NHL.. they shouldn't. How would they keep up with the men? They can't hit, they can't fight. It's gonna turn the NHL gay!