• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Female Reporter Harassed in Jets Locker Room

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
This is rather ridiculous, they should conter-sue. She went in thier at thier own discretion, just for an interview, what's wrong with waiting outside for said player?

Attention seeking cunt.
Same as i said, only shorter and more direct lol :lol:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
A media person is a media person is a media person... by this I mean you accept the facts of your job, the fact that maybe you will be sent to cover a war, should the media person cry foul if shot at or shot? The fact as you pointed out is the media is allowed in a male sports locker room, and "jocks" as you say in America are not board members of a business, they are jocks, and highly paid ones used to having it their way, so to not expect some type of sexual comment as an attractive female media person not even of the country she was in seems highly probable to me. If you accept the job accept also what could happen.

@ Smilin, nice post and in line with what I expected of her.
No, a media person covering a sporting event shouldn't be expected to suffer the same kinds of things a media person covering a war zone is. By that "logic" if a reporter covering a city hall meeting gets shot we should all say oh well, if she were in Iraq she might get shot so too bad.....this post is nonsensical.

Because they're jocks it's ok for them to be vulgar and harass? How does that even make sense?
------
This is rather ridiculous, they should conter-sue. She went in thier at thier own discretion, just for an interview, what's wrong with waiting outside for said player?

Attention seeking cunt.
By this logic anyone entering any establishment has to put up with whatever happens because they entered at their own discretion. Go for a job interview and get sexually harassed?? Who cares? You entered at your own discretion. Sexual harassment laws be damned, right?

Last edited:

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
@ CO: I don't get it. She said she didn't feel harassed. Some other busybody (probably not a very attractive busybody) got all bent out of shape about it and made it into some big deal. That would be like if CGSA was saying something suggestive to you and I got all upset about how you were being harassed. Even though you liked it! :lol:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
@ CO: I don't get it. She said she didn't feel harassed. Some other busybody (probably not a very attractive busybody) got all bent out of shape about it and made it into some big deal. That would be like if CGSA was saying something suggestive to you and I got all upset about how you were being harassed. Even though you liked it! :lol:
Oh, I know, I'm just addressing the concept of women being harassed in the business generally. I don't know if she was or not, I've read that she did complain that she was, but of course I don't know for sure. I just don't think the "they're jocks in a locker room" excuse is good enough for me. I don't condone that behavior in any setting.

EDIT: I mean hell, I played sports growing up and spent loads of time in locker rooms (of course we're talking high school and there were no reporters anywhere:lol:) but the point is it's not full of brainless morons. I find the implication that men in a locker room can't behave rather demeaning actually.

Last edited:

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Oh, I know, I'm just addressing the concept of women being harassed in the business generally. I don't know if she was or not, I've read that she did complain that she was, but of course I don't know for sure. I just don't think the "they're jocks in a locker room" excuse is good enough for me. I don't condone that behavior in any setting.
I've posted like 3 links where she said it didn't bother her at all. The girl is hot and likes a little attention. So some other bitch with a stick up her ass makes a big deal about it. stfu bitch!

I agree if it is unwelcome attention then it is a different story, but that is not the case. Now the PC crowd is going to turn on the girl that doesn't mind a little flirting. I think that's ridiculous.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I've posted like 3 links where she said it didn't bother her at all. The girl is hot and likes a little attention. So some other bitch with a stick up her ass makes a big deal about it. stfu bitch!

I agree if it is unwelcome attention then it is a different story, but that is not the case. Now the PC crowd is going to turn on the girl that doesn't mind a little flirting. I think that's ridiculous.
And you're right, it probably didn't bother her. But at the same time if a female reporter is in a locker room doing her job and there are things going on between players and another reporter then I can understand if it bothered her. It hurts the credibility of all female reporters and it could be creating a hostile environment that female reporter may not want to be a party to.

Going back to your CGSA example, if we're talking about that happening in an employment setting then you do have a valid sexual harassment claim even if I myself didn't mind the harassment.

Last edited:

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
I don't agree that it hurts anyone's credibility. We are all individuals and if one bubblehead that likes attention reflects poorly on someone else who acts and presents themself in a more professional manner then that is the problem of the person observing both than either of the others.

It might be a "valid" complaint but that doesn't make it right that my jealousy over the attention you receive because you are hot and I am not would be a good reason to demonize you and CGSA and get something out of it for myself.