• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Female Reporter Harassed in Jets Locker Room

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Where did I say she probably liked it? Do you believe everyone that comes out and say they were harassed?
I don't believe everyone who comes out and says they were harassed but I do know it happens very often especially in this type of setting, men who have been catered to and believe they can get away with everything they want. When you add to that the media villifying the person complaining by pointing out the clothes she wears implying she brought it upon herself and making excuses for "men" who act and think like 12 year olds I can see how hard it is for women to speak up about how they are treated sometimes.

Don't get me wrong, she may be doing this for attention, I wasn't there, but I tend to give women the benefit of the doubt when they make claims like these.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The fact of the matter is women DO NOT BELONG IN MEN's LOCKEROOMS. Like I said, in Major League Baseball the clubhouse is offlimits to females of any kind and that's how it should be. Are males allowed in the WNBA teams lockerooms when they are changing? If the answer is yes then that's ludicrious and is quite frankly stupid.

I'm not saying she got what she deserved but she shouldn't even be in there. No questions asked.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
But the fact of the matter is women ARE allowed in the locker rooms and since they are, grown men who are paid as professionals should conduct themselves with more respect.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
But the fact of the matter is women ARE allowed in the locker rooms and since they are, grown men who are paid as professionals should conduct themselves with more respect.
But the entire situation is avoided if there was a rule in place to keep them the hell out of there. I am not excusing their behavior but that's how a lot of guys are; right or wrong.

Just keep her out of there and this is barely a story.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
She showed up at a Super Bowl, with a wedding dress on, asking for Tom Brady to marry her. Don't believe me, Google it. She was looking for her (2nd) 15 minutes of fame.

It's female reporters like her that makes Lesley Visser's, Andrea Kramer, and Suzy Kolber's job covering sports and athletes so much harder. It's someone like Lisa Olson who had to put up with such culture back then that forced the NFL to be proactive in making the locker room and the NFL culture clean up their act and allow equal access for male and female reporters to cover athletes.

Sainz didn't like the catcalls and what was said. If so, then stop dressing like a supermodel, tramp, or a hooker. It makes Erin Andrews, Samantha Ryan, and Jenn Brown look less relevant by stunts like this.

Sorry for the harsh words, and names but it needed to be said.

Gavik

Registered Member
She showed up at a Super Bowl, with a wedding dress on, asking for Tom Brady to marry her. Don't believe me, Google it. She was looking for her (2nd) 15 minutes of fame.
Relevance?

Sainz didn't like the catcalls and what was said. If so, then stop dressing like a supermodel, tramp, or a hooker.
It's statements like this that lead to sexual harassment getting out of hand and turning into something far worse.

anmracing

Registered Member
Maybe she should be wearing a burka....... :lol:

Seriously though, I have to agree that reporters whether a dude or a chick should not be doing interviews in the locker room. Do all that when they are on the way to the locker room or when they are done cleaning up!

On a side note, she does dress kind of provacatively which in her profession she should not be dressing like one of the cheerleader but rather like a professional reporter. Everybody has some kind of dress code for work, what is so special about being a reporter? She's not there in the crowd to watch the game, she's there on the sidelines (& locker room) to do a job and report. So dress the part. She can dress like a supermodel after the game when she is off work........

And before someone says anything about this, I do not believe she was asking for it or that she deserved it because of the way she was dressed.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Of course she was asking for it. Next time wear some loose fitting sweats and I won't have to read about this stupid shit for weeks. Haha.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Never dangle meat in front of wolves, that's the lesson to be learned here.
So these "professionals" are nothing more than animals? They just have a survival instinct with no human feelings and that includes treating women disrespectfully? That's what you take from this?