• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Female Reporter Harassed in Jets Locker Room

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you go in to a locker room with 53 naked girls(hot girls) to ask a few questions to someone, do you look or just ask your questions and be on your way?

It's human nature to look, just like when you walk on the street and see a beautiful women, your brain will tell you to look. I just don't believe her when she states she didn't look at anyone in that locker room.

By no means I said she was staring, all I said is that I think she took a peak here and there while being in a locker room full of full muscular naked men.

Gavik

Registered Member
If you go in to a locker room with 53 naked girls(hot girls) to ask a few questions to someone, do you look or just ask your questions and be on your way?

It's human nature to look, just like when you walk on the street and see a beautiful women, your brain will tell you to look. I just don't believe her when she states she didn't look at anyone in that locker room.

By no means I said she was staring, all I said is that I think she took a peak here and there while being in a locker room full of full muscular naked men.
Men and Women are quite different in this respect. Same reason why women aren't turned on by flashers.

I don't see why she shouldn't be believed. I doubt she'd be checking out the same men who harassed her to begin with.

It's not like there 53 naked guys standing in a circle around her either. Probably just a few changing for a few seconds in the background. Either way, I don't see how it's really relevant.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Men and Women are quite different in this respect. Same reason why women aren't turned on by flashers.
Flashers are not 250lb muscular athletes most of the time. I agree with you though that women and men are different in this aspect.

I don't see why she shouldn't be believed. I doubt she'd be checking out the same men who harassed her to begin with.
What's so wrong for me not to believe her? Only a few players supposedly harassed her, the room is full of men.

It's not like there 53 naked guys standing in a circle around her either. Probably just a few changing for a few seconds in the background. Either way, I don't see how it's really relevant.
Most of these guys are either shirtless and some of them are getting out of the showers. I know they aren't all in a circle. Like I said, I just believe it's human nature to look even if you're a female.

Don't know how reliable this report is, but it's the only thing I could find in short time.

How the brain reacts to attractiveness Psychology in the News

Gavik

Registered Member
What's so wrong for me not to believe her? Only a few players supposedly harassed her, the room is full of men.

Most of these guys are either shirtless and some of them are getting out of the showers. I know they aren't all in a circle. Like I said, I just believe it's human nature to look even if you're a female.
It's a very different situation than one that you or I will probably ever find ourselves in. She was very embarrassed to be there, as most normal women (or people) would be. Can you imagine the reaction of a room full of naked men (some of whom harassed her, most of whom are obnoxious and spoiled) if even 1 of them caught her looking? Total shit storm of obnoxious, sexist taunts and even more harassment. She came for the story, not to check anyone out. I'm sure she just wanted to get it over with.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Why couldn't she interview Sanchez on the football field? She could of refused going into that locker room, but for some reason she didn't.

I'm not positive, but I have a real hard time believing that the Jets PR people told her that she could only get her interview in the locker room area.

Bottom line is that I think she's just trying to get her name out there, you might not agree with me and that's fine. We haven't had any issues pop up like this in the past, Ines isn't the only female reporter in the NFL. Take Pam Oliver for example, she's been around for years.

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, I don't condone what the Jets players "supposedly" said her to her, but like Ice mentioned what do you expect when a women goes into a men's locker room following a practice where the men have been engaging in a testosterone raising sport wearing a provocative outfit. I'm not trying to make any excuses, but that's just how I feel about the subject.

EDIT: Just viewed this video after posting this post, and even the reporter has suspicions that she's only doing this to get her name out there.

PS: Look at the major cleavage she's showing, another sign that she's seeking attention.

TV sports reporter Ines Sainz defends outfit at Ravens-Jets game - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN

Last edited:

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
I know nothing of American football, but it makes no sense to me to have a woman reporters in a male locker room, would they allow men reporters in the Miss America changing room? Also in any case to me for someone to be in a locker room/changing room is a private place, no reporters should be in there any way.

I agree with Gavik to say if it were me in a male locker room as a reporter it is not like I would even want to be there, let alone staring at a nude guy in a place like this. Being in this environment is not the "turn on" for women (well me anyways) that it would be if reversed.

Gavik

Registered Member
Why couldn't she interview Sanchez on the football field? She could of refused going into that locker room, but for some reason she didn't.

I'm not positive, but I have a real hard time believing that the Jets PR people told her that she could only get her interview in the locker room area.
Could she have? Even if she could've, that would have most likely meant she'd fail to get the story. Why would Sanchez be expected to take time out to go to her anyway. All speculation.

Bottom line is that I think she's just trying to get her name out there, you might not agree with me and that's fine. We haven't had any issues pop up like this in the past, Ines isn't the only female reporter in the NFL. Take Pam Oliver for example, she's been around for years.

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, I don't condone what the Jets players "supposedly" said her to her, but like Ice mentioned what do you expect when a women goes into a men's locker room following a practice where the men have been engaging in a testosterone raising sport wearing a provocative outfit. I'm not trying to make any excuses, but that's just how I feel about the subject.

EDIT: Just viewed this video after posting this post, and even the reporter has suspicions that she's only doing this to get her name out there.

PS: Look at the major cleavage she's showing, another sign that she's seeking attention.

TV sports reporter Ines Sainz defends outfit at Ravens-Jets game - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN
Are you actually posting from a Babe Ruth game? A woman claims she was harassed and the first response is that she was inviting it and probably liked it. That gives me a lot hope.

My mom worked as a sports reporter in the 70s doing pretty much this very job. After hearing stories from her and her female colleagues from back then, I assure you that the idea of going into a locker room full of naked men was disgusting to say the least. I doubt it's because the players were any less muscular back then.

And this whole "provocative outfit" thing would be laughable if it wasn't being parroted across the media. It's only provocative if the man seeing it is enough of a sociopath to think that revealing clothing is a green light for sexual harassment. Honestly, might as well just say a rape victim deserved it because she wore a mini skirt. I find it very worrisome that an accusation of sexual harassment can be so easily ignored or downplayed because of the target's clothes. Claiming harassment for attention? Attention for what? She's a sports reporter who happens to be a married mother of 3. She was sent there to get an interview and did the job as best she could.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Could she have? Even if she could've, that would have most likely meant she'd fail to get the story. Why would Sanchez be expected to take time out to go to her anyway. All speculation.
It's part of being an athlete. If she didn't feel comfortable when the coaching staff were "over throwing" balls near her, why would she even take a chance in going in to a locker room in first place?

Are you actually posting from a Babe Ruth game?
No, I'm not posting from a video game, it's not the first time a woman would make such claims to get her "15 minutes of fame." Why is it that hard to believe?

A woman claims she was harassed and the first response is that she was inviting it and probably liked it. That gives me a lot hope.
Where did I say she probably liked it? Do you believe everyone that comes out and say they were harassed?

Claiming harassment for attention? Attention for what? She's a sports reporter who happens to be a married mother of 3. She was sent there to get an interview and did the job as best she could.
Yes, for attention! Believe it or not this would be a good way to get her name out there and get a better job...What does it matter if she has three kids and she's married. Doesn't relate to the story one bit.

Gavik

Registered Member
It's part of being an athlete.
Yet athletes are often some of the most pompous, spoiled and obnoxious members of society. Avoiding reporters and fans is a daily activity for most.

If she didn't feel comfortable when the coaching staff were "over throwing" balls near her, why would she even take a chance in going in to a locker room in first place?
Those are quite different to begin with. I doubt she expected to be waiting in there for any length of time.

No, I'm not posting from a video game,
I meant as in decades in the past.

it's not the first time a woman would make such claims to get her "15 minutes of fame." Why is it that hard to believe?
Why is that your first assumption? Why does her attire have anything to do with this?

Where did I say she probably liked it?
You said she wanted attention (despite her saying she just wants to move on. If she really wanted attention she'd have filed a dozen lawsuits.). She got attention. I would say that if your line of thinking was true she would have liked the outcome of all this.

Do you believe everyone that comes out and say they were harassed?
I am inclined to believe them, but I look at the evidence. I wouldn't dismiss a serious charge because she dressed "provocatively." If you're going to bring up such an irrelevant issue as attire, you might as well included something about her race.

Yes, for attention! Believe it or not this would be a good way to get her name out there and get a better job...What does it matter if she has three kids and she's married. Doesn't relate to the story one bit.
Why would she want a better job? Why would this get her a better job? Your views on all this have 20 times more speculation and plot holes than the original story.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I saw this shit storm all over every major news outlet after I got home from school.

You know, I agree with Babe_Ruth. I think she's just trying to get her name out there and get her 15 minutes. I don't see why its so hard to believe since women in past have done it, its nothing new. I know harassment does happen very frequently but when you target a multi-million dollar football team, some people are just gonna be skeptical. I guess the bottom line is, if you feel embarassed and harassed by muscular men swinging their junk around, don't conduct an interview while they're changing. Wait outside and get their reactions as they're coming out.