Female Reporter Harassed in Jets Locker Room

Discussion in 'NFL' started by icegoat63, Sep 14, 2010.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

This is what is causing the stir;

So Apparently now its not ok for a locker room to contain Naked Men after a football game? What kind of bullshit is this? If you dont want to see some swingin' meat, dont walk into a locker room, wait outside.

I'm with DT Kris Jenkins on this one;

YouTube - NY Jets in Reporter Controversy

YouTube - Did Jets Harass Mexico TV Azteca reporter Ines Sainz - NFL Investigating

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010

2. Gavik

Gavik Registered Member

I was under the impression that reporters weren't allowed in locker rooms for this very reason.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

4. SmilinSilhouette

SmilinSilhouette Registered Member

I just don't understand why it is necessary to shove a camera in someones face and ask a bunch of stupid questions while they're dressing. I mean really, can't it wait or be done on the field before they go in? They should just put a stop to it altogether and eliminate that part of the problem. I guess the controversy and drama sells, for better and worse. Oh well!

icegoat63 likes this.
  5. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I understand the locker room argument, you're expected to see naked guys in there. But if what Cons posted is true I find that kind of behavior classless.

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Classless or not, She's a good looking female in a mini-skirt parading around a Testosterone Pool of Guys in their 20's.

If this were a Frat House nobody would have even noticed and the jeering (if it even happened) would have been 10x worse and drastically suggestive. I honestly believe the only reason its even come to attention is because they are millionaire football players. And for that I find it to be money grubbing bullshit, all that's missing from this shenanigan is a cry of Rape.

You dont go to the Primate Cage at the Zoo and get mad at the monkeys for Throwing shit at you or trying to piss on your leg through the fence. Its expected, an obvious risk you take when you get that close. To me I feel the same, sure the guys can demonstrate better manners.... but in the end they're still Boys, beefed up playing a game that displays barbaric aggression and strength.

7. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

so what if it was a frat house, these are guys who know that the media is constantly talking about them or what they do.... if it were a frat house the most they could do is report it to campus security where they will get a slap on the wrist.

here they men knew she was there and what she was there for, it doesnt matter if they are football players or a fraternity, it's not acceptable. they, like you said, are men in their 20s who should at least have enough sense to stfu around her and wait until she is gone.

8. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

In baseball locker rooms females are not even allowed in them while the players are there. I guess its different in the NFL?

The Jets shouldnt have done what they did but quite frankly she doesn't need to be in the lockeroom either.

icegoat63 likes this.
  9. SmilinSilhouette

SmilinSilhouette Registered Member

Wait a minute, I just heard her say she didn't feel harassed! It was another female reporter that made it an issue. I can't confirm that right now, but if true it would add some context here.

10. Gavik

Gavik Registered Member

I know that you're not saying this, and I'm not accusing you of it, but that post is strikingly similar to fundamentalists who say women who wear revealing clothes deserved to be raped.

Again, I know you're not saying that and I would not accuse you of it, but you might wanna take a second to rethink that.