• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Female MITB?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Would a women's MITB match be a good idea? With the current crop of athletic female wrestlers it seems like they could pullit off.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I was watching JDfromNY talking about this on his Raw review. At this point, it's still a rumour but one I can definitely get behind. I actually wouldn't mind seeing an all women MiTB match. Oh man, a women's ladder match would be great, but knowing the WWE, if they do get behind this idea, it'll probably be a women's Battle Royale... Which I'm gonna be honest, I'm sick of seeing.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was watching JDfromNY talking about this on his Raw review. At this point, it's still a rumour but one I can definitely get behind. I actually wouldn't mind seeing an all women MiTB match. Oh man, a women's ladder match would be great, but knowing the WWE, if they do get behind this idea, it'll probably be a women's Battle Royale... Which I'm gonna be honest, I'm sick of seeing.
The only concern I have about having a ladder match is can the women tolerate all that pain? GEtting dropped from above the ladder, ect. And, that's not a knock at them, just for example, Sasha is about 120 lbs, that would take a toll on her quickly.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Hmmm, that's actually a good point. I reckon a ladder fall could probably hurt someone whose about 120 lbs, but then again, the cruiserweights could handle it and they were pretty light as well; although testosterone may play a role in that as well. As far as the pain threshold goes, I think that varies from person to person. Women do seem to do a lot of dare-devilish things on the indies, so I'm not sure why the female wrestlers in the WWE won't be able to pull it off. Hell we've seen Lita fall off ladders and put through tables on par with the boys haha. Plus, we've already seen Charlotte and Becky and Sasha take some pretty nasty bumps. They seem like troopers.

While I think the first ever women's ladder match would be groundbreaking, I can pass on that too. I just don't want to see another crappy ass Battle Royal.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'd say watch the old Gail Kim matches back when TNA was good. She had some phenomenal cage matches and women can definitely handle pain.

I think a Women's MitB is a good idea as long as there's enough wrestlers that are booked seriously to participate.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am into it, it's a good idea. If you wanna actually showcase the girls then this is the perfect way to do it

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I'm definitely all for this idea. I think that at this stage, WWE has enough talented women on their roster to pull it off. The only issue is that with this freakish streak of injuries, I'm 100% convinced that WWE will not go along with it, just to ensure that they don't lose more bodies.

But I think we can all agree that the Women's Division needs a prestigious match rewarding the winner with a guaranteed title shot at Wrestlemania. Whether it's their own version of the MITB Ladder Match, Royal Rumble. Or if you wanna do things differently, have them into War Games. The woman who gets the submission victory gets a guaranteed title shot.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's the thing...it would have to be less violent in order to protect them

Which makes ya wonder how well it would come off as a match.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
If they actually took the division seriously (they clearly do not), this would be an awesome idea. I almost wish there was more than one belt, such as a Champion and perhaps a ... featherweight champion? I don't know.

But I wish we had more intrigue than, "Look at this bitch, what a bitch, right? OH WHAT A BITCH."

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
If they actually took the division seriously (they clearly do not), this would be an awesome idea. I almost wish there was more than one belt, such as a Champion and perhaps a ... featherweight champion? I don't know.

But I wish we had more intrigue than, "Look at this bitch, what a bitch, right? OH WHAT A BITCH."
It felt like we did have better than that for a while when the NXT women were called up and they switched back to the Womens Tittle instead of Divas, but lately it's just been back to meh.