Feelings/Emotions while playing video games

You ever have any feelings or emotions while playing a video game? I mean two things by this:

1) The plot. A fantastic story that moves you to tears, ect...

2) A high graphic video game that makes you sick because of the extremely fast frame rate.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Yes to both for me. I'll start with number one later since it isn't as interesting as number two.

There was a video game I played called Delta Force. Well, in the game you can climb these huge towers and snipe people. One day, I was up there, fell off, and the feeling you had while falling 100-300m to the ground made my stomach turn. I was actually quite impressed that a video game could give me the same feeling as if it was actually happening. Once I landed on the ground my stomach was still turning and I was still impressed. It actually felt kind of good to have such a feeling. :dizzy:

What about you?

Last edited:
Spoilers ahoy! I have a vivid imagination so I often immerse myself into these digital worlds but they don't usually bring out any negative emotions in me. I think the saddest moments I can remember were Aeris dying in FF7 and the ending to FFX, with Auron and Tidus bowing out, was pretty somber too. I really can't think of too many more sad ones though. GT and Outrun used to give me a bit of motion sickness. And that damn underground/water area in Crysis. Actually I found the ending of KH1 left me a little deflated too. There's been some great 'FINALLY, YOU'RE DEAD!$£!' moments where slight rage was unleashed but really I guess the only times I've been angry at game were unintentional. Getting all gold on GT4 was a journey that made me angrier than any other game ever has. I almost cracked my controller at one point. There must be tons more, I just can't think.

Again, I won't really include online gaming.. although they have brought out the best emotions for me from downing boss or destroying a devil man/woman in PvP.

I was shocked when that happened to Aeris. I expected every party member from every RPG to make it to the end. I couldn't believe it! AEEERRRIIS!

Another shocking moment where I felt sadness was in XenoGears...
when Rat (whatever his name was) turned on you later in the game. That bastard! I liked him. :mad:

Did you cry, vilk? The truth, please. And on your date at the Golden Saucer with Barret (DON'T LIE! YOU CHOSE HIM), did you feel any romantic connection?

Did you cry, vilk? The truth, please. And on your date at the Golden Saucer with Barret (DON'T LIE! YOU CHOSE HIM), did you feel any romantic connection?
Ahahaha - yes, I love big beefy men next to my side.

I think I chose Aries and never had a feeling towards it. I felt if I picked her I would get rewarded with a perfect ending or something down the line (...little did I know what would become). I guess not. :cry:

Last edited:
Whenever I heard the Song of Healing in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, I would always feel kinda good. (Healed?) I especially felt happy-ish when I healed characters with it. =)

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
I never really noticed, but someone pointed out that when I was in my teens, if I was loosing in a video game, I'd punch the guy sitting next to me in the arm really hard.