Feeling Guilty

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Christmas has already passed and I did not get my mom a gift. I have been busy with work and didn't have time to shop. Plus I was thinking of a gift to give her but couldn't come up with anything. Then I realized that she asked me to get the Wild Wild West series for her. That was in the fall when she asked me that and it didn't dawn on me till yesterday. I looked it up on best buy and walmart and walmart had it cheaper so I ordered it online. So I am waiting for it to come so that I can send it to her as a late Christmas present. I think I am a really bad son.

PentaCube

Registered Member
you are. jk.

I got my mom a digital picture frame for christmas and my dad refused to accept anything over 40 bucks so i got him the latest season on DVD of his favorite show, I thought it was a good idea because he is away on business trips a lot and always has his dvd player in his hotel rooms. But the part I feel guity about is they got me a new guitar amp for well over what i payed for both of their gifts.

Bliss

Sally Twit
No you're not. You had a reason for not getting her something. She'll love the fact that you're making up for it now.
You're her son. She's not going to think less of you for not getting her a Christmas present.

If you had a bad attitude and couldn't be bothered then that'd be a different story.

wooly

I am the woolrus
hehe i remember when i was younger and my mother gave me that whole "oh you don't have to get me anything!" line. Unfortunately i took it literally, i heard about it when her birthday came round though! Big mistake.... :p

snowflake

Registered Member
Your not a bad son. I'm sure she won't think that either. Least you have remembered now and doing something about it.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Christmas has already passed and I did not get my mom a gift. I have been busy with work and didn't have time to shop. Plus I was thinking of a gift to give her but couldn't come up with anything. Then I realized that she asked me to get the Wild Wild West series for her. That was in the fall when she asked me that and it didn't dawn on me till yesterday. I looked it up on best buy and walmart and walmart had it cheaper so I ordered it online. So I am waiting for it to come so that I can send it to her as a late Christmas present. I think I am a really bad son.

Yes you are, but you could have been worse. :lol:

Nah, I think your mom will appreciate that you made an effort to get her something that she really wanted. Maybe she even forgot she told you (or thought you'd have not noted it). Some would have just picked a belated Christmas card; while some wouldn't have bothered anymore at all.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
No, I wouldnt say you were a bad son. You realise that what you have done isnt exactly your best performance in life, and now you are making up for it.
She will take note of the fact that you are making up for it now, and she will understand that you simply didnt have the time when it was christmas.

wooly

I am the woolrus
actually she probably doesn't think she's getting anything now, so with the added surprise she'll probably be delighted, and more touched than she would be for just a regular christmas present.