Feedback question

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by TGirl, Aug 25, 2005.

1. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

Today I got neutral feedback from buyer, but might as well been negative...Saying "buyer beware"...

This upsets me because, First, this buyer got a lot of belly dancing Items (mostly new) for 112.50 and if they are truly a bellydancer than they should know they never would have gotten all that for the price they did...with good quality!
    Second, This buyer never even e-mailed me they were unhappy so I could make it right...and even though they made a killing I would have sent them more stuff....

I replied to my neutral saying that I would have made it right had they communicated being unsatisfied....BUT NOW, I didn't leave them feedback yet, because I always want to make sure the buyer communicate with me as a BUYER SHOULD if they are not happy...
    this buyer did not and now I have this urge to leave them negative....what do you all think? Am I being to harsh and need time to cool down??????

2. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I know my first response would be to rush in and leave a negative for them. Give it a day or 2 and see if they respond and tell you why they were unhappy....if they don't respond...well, I'd go with the eye for an eye scenerio, especially since THEY are the ones who made out in the deal!!

3. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

But I am sure they will not check my feedback to see I rePlied to my own.....Should I e-mail them?? They sure didn't e-mail me!!!

4. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I would e-mail them, but if it were me, I would also leave appropriate feedback....geez, some people!!

5. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

I did e-mail this person.....waiting for a responce if I even get one....
    this is what I wrote.........

I saw the feedback you left for me...I am sorry you were not happy with your purchase....I wish you would have contacted me first to make it right with other items. I know that I posted "All sales are final" (meaning no refund) on my auction, but I would have tried to make it right with you...... I do think "Buyers Beware" was quite harsh....with the Cost per item @: US $2.96 each I just can not see how that was not a good deal for you....
    Sorry again for your unhappiness with this buy.
    ~Trina~

What would be appropriate feedback though??? Isn't it the buyers job also to contact the seller if they are not happy? I mean if I was not happy I would e-mail them and say so first to see what they would say, before I left such feedback.....

Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
  6. biglance

biglance New Member

Call them, ask for a mutual removal.

7. NewGamePlus

NewGamePlus Registered Member

ummm... one question. How exactly is giving a negative after a neutral an example of "eye for an eye"? Shouldn't it be a neutral, and at the most a neutral with something written to the effect of "seller beware"? That seems to make the most sense to me.

Talking mainly to thread-starter now -

My opinion though is that you should try to contact this person before responding and see if you can solve the situation and get the feedback withdrawn. And if that doesn't work, then accept the neutral and give them an exactly proportionate neutral back. Not a negative. The buyer should have contacted you with a problem. The only real instance in which I think the buyer doesn't need to contact people with problems is if they suspect the seller has gone out of their way to do something very bad. But often times, it's hard to distinguish that which is bad from that which is simply a mistake, so a buyer can accidentally jump into a disfavorable feedback.

And to reiterate -

I don't think the neutral is a problem. Sellers make too big a deal about neutrals when really they mean that something about the deal was questionable. It's not negative, it's NEUTRAL. Negative = "bad bad unacceptable RED LIGHTS RED LIGHTS woo woooooooo!!!!" but Neutral = "meh.... wasn't exactly what I hoped for but still acceptable in some way.... meh whatever". The only big problem here with this case is that they also put "buyers beware" which is in some ways much worse than a negative (and can't be deleted). So really, combatting this feedback is all in the response. Leave a neutral for them, but write a followup response that makes it to where anyone who investigates this won't see you responsible for the "buyers beware" part of it.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2006