Federer vs Nadal once again

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Millz, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

Looks like the finals of the Australian Open are set...a rematch from Wimbledon...#2 Roger Federer vs #1 Rafael Nadal

No matter how many times they've faced off its always a good match. This is the first time in this particular Grand Slam, though.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm really looking forward to this match up, like you mentioned it's always entertaining when they face eachother. If it's even close to being the type of match they had during the last Wimbledon than we are definitely in for a treat.

Even though Nadal as dominated Federer in the past, I see Roger taking this one.

3. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

i wonder if that great semi final match will have taken the wind out of Nadal's sails a little.

With that in mind, coupled with Federer's recent performances, I'm going with Roger for the win aswell.

4. Millz

Its amazing how many times these guys have faced each other. I'm not expecting a repeat of that Wimbledon final but I'm sure it'll still be awesome.

I like both...its hard for me to root for one over the other.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Their Wimbledon match has been labelled one of the best face-offs last year (all sports counted), and in recent tennis history. When is this?

6. Millz

Central Daylight time in the United States its 2:30 AM on Sunday morning haha. That's all I know.

I'm sure I won't be awake for that or too drunk to remember its on depending on what I'm doing.

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Thanks. I think that's 9h30 for me, I should be up. The question is, if they'll show it on our local channel. Usually on a Sunday they show religious services, haha (on one of the public channels at least). I hope I don't forget it. I actually missed watching the Wimbledon. I just followed the last few sets on the internet.

8. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I watched it last night, Nadal vs Verdasco, god what a great game it was and I hoped that Verdasco would win but I am glad Nadal did, five hours the match went for.

The Final should be exciting and I am looking forward to it, here's my prediction. 5 sets, Nadal to win the fifth one 6-4 and win the Grand Slam.

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Hmm that looks like a good game if ever. Maybe it'll be shorter this time. Wasn't their last game full of stops because of the rain? Although I heard it was a needed stop because it was just too awesome and people needed to rest too from saying "wow" all the time.

------
    It's going on now (if someone wants to follow it). It's not showing live on my local channels but you can see the live score board and hear the audio commentary (radio) at www.australianopen.com
    ------
    Damn, I wish I can actually see it. The game sounds pretty exciting with their description and I don't think the commentors are just being overdramatic about it.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  10. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

They ain't being dramatic about it, I am watching it right now, it's really exciting.