• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

February 3rd... THEY Return? Arrive?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
YouTube - THEY are coming...February 3rd

According to this video, Crimson (Amazing Red's brother) came to attack Abyss backstage and told Abyss that "THEY" are coming for every single member of Immortal?

Who is it?

Let the speculation begin... if you care...

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I really don't have a guess at this point, and it's pretty exciting. "They" could just be one person or it could be a few, I don't know.

I'm inclined to guess Sting at this point, which would be pretty awesome. I'd like it if he came back with a couple of people...haha what about bringing Booker T back to the company and reforming the Main Event Mafia with Angle and Joe to feud with Immortal? lol not going to happen, I know. But I could see a return or two (Sting, Booker even?) maybe allying themselves with current roster members to form a stable of their own to feud with Immortal. It would definitely be a repeat of the TNA Frontline versus the Main Event Mafia, but I'd be down. I'm always down with stable warfare, lol.

BigBob

Registered Member
NWA! Hollywood Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall.. they've all been there.. I highly doubt that's who it would be, but that's my guess.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I have heard that it may be a returning Main Event Mafia (which would BLOW as a face faction). Might be a bunch of former WWE stars.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I have heard that it may be a returning Main Event Mafia (which would BLOW as a face faction). Might be a bunch of former WWE stars.
Why specifically do you think MEM wouldn't be a good face faction, if all of the guys in it are faces at the time? I think it would work just fine and get big pops from long-time TNA fans such as myself. A group coming in to fight Immortal will get a good reaction, and if it was an already established groups fans might be more behind it than a randomly thrown together bunch of guys.

That being said, a randomly thrown together bunch of guys that includes a few new TNA acquisitions would be pretty awesome. The pros of a random group is that it can include guys currently doing well, but could always have more accomplishment notched on their belt in fighting Immortal (I'm thinking of people like MCMG right now, or Doug Williams).

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
It is really just hard to tell. Especially since Steiner and Booker don't want to come back. Unlike the 10.10.10 "THEY", this 2.3.11 "THEY" has more mystery to it.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It is really just hard to tell. Especially since Steiner and Booker don't want to come back. Unlike the 10.10.10 "THEY", this 2.3.11 "THEY" has more mystery to it.
I totally agree that this has mystery to it; I think Sting is close to a sure shot but nothing's certain and it's pretty perplexing!

What makes you say that 10.10.10 wasn't mysterious? I'm not going to pretend to have guessed it, I totally thought it would be some sort of invasion force and it turned out to be a series of surprises from the inside. I wouldn't have seen Jeff Hardy turning heel from a Mile away.

artk

Registered Member
Read this on rajah.com. Don't know if it's true or not, but it would be interesting.

*Spoiler* On TNA's "They" Storyline - Several Returns Expected

Submitted by Daniel Pena on January 19, 2011 - 10:39pm
Posted In:

[Previous Article] - [Next Article]

Last Thursday on TNA iMPACT!, Amazing Red's "little" brother (officially known as "Crimson") put Abyss in a chokehold [COLOR=red ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=red ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]backstage[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] and delivered a cryptic message to him: "They are coming."
"They" will mark [COLOR=red ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=red ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]the [/FONT][COLOR=red ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]return[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] of the Main Event Mafia and will consist of [COLOR=red ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=red ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]Kurt [/FONT][COLOR=red ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]Angle[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] and Scott Steiner, and possibly Sting, Kevin Nash and Booker T.
Steiner returned to TNA at last Wednesday's iMPACT! taping and participated in a cliff hanger ending. He donned a suit reminiscent of his time in the Main Event Mafia. Angle is penciled in for the group, and many within the organization expect Sting to be too.
Many in TNA presume that Nash is on board for the group. However, he adamantly said last week on Twitter that he is not because he is retired. Internally, many believe Nash is kayfabing his absence from TNA, but those close to him indicate he's legitimately retired.
Booker T's status remains unknown at this point, other than he wasn't believed to have signed as of last week. Some were pleased with his departure from the organization in October 2009 as there were complaints about his performance, attitude, refusal to put over [COLOR=red ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=red ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]Matt [/FONT][COLOR=red ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]Morgan[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] in a match, and his own admission that he was using the company as a way to audition for acting roles.
Bobby Lashley has been mentioned by those in TNA as a possible member of the group. However, those affiliated with the mixed martial artist don't believe he's returning to the wrestling organization. Lashley is currently a free agent as his contract with Strikeforce expired following his loss to Chad Griggs in August. The only thing of note he has done since then is work a wrestling match for the Japanese promotion Inoki Genome Federation (IGF) in [COLOR=red ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=red ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]September[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]. He is not tentatively not scheduled for any [COLOR=red ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=red ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]upcoming [/FONT][COLOR=red ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]shows[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR].
"They" would initially feud with Immortal and Fortune. The angle begins on the Feb. 3 iMPACT!.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I totally agree that this has mystery to it; I think Sting is close to a sure shot but nothing's certain and it's pretty perplexing!

What makes you say that 10.10.10 wasn't mysterious? I'm not going to pretend to have guessed it, I totally thought it would be some sort of invasion force and it turned out to be a series of surprises from the inside. I wouldn't have seen Jeff Hardy turning heel from a Mile away.
I'll do some digging, but I remember that I said the possibility was there for Jeff to turn. Probably not though. :D

I had a feeling it was going to be a heel turn for the Hogischoff regime. Made the most sense. TNA is not good with surprises.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
So with the return of Scott Steiner on last week's iMPACT, many were thinking that the Main Event Mafia was going to return to TNA on Thursday. I think at this point everyone is aware of why that idea doesn't look realistic after the last week or so, and that TNA had to scramble to re-tool the new "They" idea.

Just a cool video that TNA has put together, related to that:

@TNADixie DON'T ASSUME ANYTHING! (from twitter)

YouTube - THEY Are Revealed Thursday On iMPACT
------
(you can kind of guess that MEM was the original idea because of the updated graphics)

Last edited: