• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

FDA investigating Blue Bell Creameries after 3 deaths.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
(Reuters) – The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is investigating bacterial contamination in some products made by Blue Bell Creameries, the maker of Blue Bell brand ice creams, after reports of three deaths in a Kansas hospital.

FDA investigating contamination at Blue Bell Creameries following reports of 3 deaths from bacteria
If you have any of this ice cream in your freezer you might consider throwing it out. They have already removed any suspected ice cream from the shelves. They said this is the first time they ever had a recall.

Never know if what your eating is going to make you sick. I don't buy Blue Bell but it could happen to any of them.

Thoughts?

Clare

Registered Member
3 deaths? That sounds serious. It seems this is happening more and more now. There have been a couple of food scandals here recently but nobody has died from it. Also they've both been from imported products (frozen berries from China and tuna from Thailand) and they know why people got sick.

I'd be interested to hear which ingredient or part of the process has caused the problem here.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
We buy Breyers and Braums ice cream but not Blue Bell so no issues here. But hey when 3 people die then its time to get totally hardcore about food plant inspections! No way anybody should die just buying food from stores.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
3 deaths? That sounds serious. It seems this is happening more and more now. There have been a couple of food scandals here recently but nobody has died from it. Also they've both been from imported products (frozen berries from China and tuna from Thailand) and they know why people got sick.

I'd be interested to hear which ingredient or part of the process has caused the problem here.
This does seem to be happening more. Just last year there was a problem with lettuce here, think that also killed some people, might be wrong about that. We also had a couple of beef recalls, then there was the peanut butter, that may have been a couple of years ago.
------
We buy Breyers and Braums ice cream but not Blue Bell so no issues here. But hey when 3 people die then its time to get totally hardcore about food plant inspections! No way anybody should die just buying food from stores.
This was a first for Blue Bell, so I imagine this could happen at any plant. Maybe one employee not doing their job.

Last edited: