• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

FDA approves robot exoskeletons

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Food and Drug Administration has approved a wearable robot exoskeleton for home use by patients who are currently confined to wheelchairs, according to ABC News.

FDA approval means robot exoskeletons are one step closer to replacing wheelchairs
This is good news for those that are confined to a wheel chair. I don't think its quiet like the one debuted at the world cup but it will allow people more mobility.

Being confined to a wheel chair isn't good for circulation or digestion. Getting a little exercise will be beneficial for these people. They just need to work on the battery so it will last longer.

I know if I was stuck in a wheel chair this would be something I would want. I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to never be able to walk or just stand up.

Thoughts?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Not being able to walk sounds really scary. But if they can develop a rover that travels over sand and rocks on Mars then yeah, that should work too. Maybe they could add solar cells so it can store backup energy.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Solar cells would be a good idea. That would allow them to go farther when outside and it could recharge the batteries.