• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Favre's streak in jeopardy?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think Bret Favre is to hard headed to take a day off. I know he's hurting right now, but let's face it he's been hurting most of the season. I personally don't see him taking a day off unless the coaching staff forces him to do so.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
I don't know if you listened to Childress' press conference last night after the game, but he said he was thinking about pulling Favre, and kind of implying it wasn't because of injury, but because of his play.

Favre will continue to start until he is incapacitated or suspended. The Vikings were built to win now and putting in Tavaris Jackson will just signal surrender. Although I would like to see Tavaris operate with the weapons Brett has now.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've always been a huge believer of Jackson, and I think he would be able to get the job done with the O-Line and wide receivers that they have on the squad they have this time around. He also learned a lot from Favre which only make him a better player.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Breaking News as per the NFL Network:

Favre has two fractures in his left ankle and is in a protective boot as of now. Looking for a link.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
There's a headline on ESPN.

They say it doesn't require surgery, which means he'll skip practice or something and probably play on Sunday. That's a good thing for whoever the Vikes are playing next. One sack will probably ruin him.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree Oxymoron, I imagine he'll get a cortorzone shot before the game and play. I'm sure he's played in worst.

Hopefully this season will make Bret realise that his body cannot take to much of this anymore, and it's time for him to call it quits.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I heard the commentators says that you can't get too many cortisone shots in a short period of time. I don't know if that's true, but it sounds like Favre might have had one recently already.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Usually your only suppose to take a couple of year, but players in the past took way more than that. First player that pops to my head is Gary Sheffield, he was nursing a wrist injury, and he took a couple in a playoff series.

I'm sure Favre would do the same thing.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I don't know if you listened to Childress' press conference last night after the game, but he said he was thinking about pulling Favre, and kind of implying it wasn't because of injury, but because of his play.

Favre will continue to start until he is incapacitated or suspended. The Vikings were built to win now and putting in Tavaris Jackson will just signal surrender. Although I would like to see Tavaris operate with the weapons Brett has now.
I heard that last night, it sounded like he was pretty much throwing Favre under the bus because of his play...and I admit I agree Favre's play hasn't been all that great but he shouldn't have done it publically.

My guess is he'll play next week.