Favre - will he come back?

Discussion in 'NFL' started by CBNJ, Jul 2, 2008.

1. CBNJ

CBNJ Registered Member

There is a report that just came out, said that he is considering coming back. Do they want him back? I know Aaron Rodgers doesn't. I guess I want him back as a fan of GB, but I don't know how many more times he can rip me apart emotionally.

2. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

Honestly, after watching the Dallas game when Aaron Rodgers stepped in, I think it is time to hand it over to Rodgers. Favre is a legend and an NFL ICON. 1st Ballot hall of famer no doubt, but he is past his prime and I think he used his last bit of juice on the past seasons run. I'd love to see him prove me wrong, but I think it is time to hang them up and enjoy the rest of his life with his family.

Blueyes likes this.
  3. CBNJ

CBNJ Registered Member

Yeah. If he DOES come back, how does Rodgers handle it? Just sit on the sideline for another season and wait as Favre does whatever he wants?

On the other hand, I would hate to see him come back and go to another team, I doubt that will happen though.

4. Matriqulated

Na he wouldn't wear another teams uni. I don't even consider that a possibility. Also I think Rodgers is a good QB. Time to see if he can play an entire season. That's the other thing they put Favre on the cover of Madden to break the Madden curse...IF he plays, I'd bet the farm Rodgers comes in to start for an injured Favre regardless. Madden curse is no joke.

AeonFlux likes this.
  5. CBNJ

CBNJ Registered Member

Yeah, I couldn't see him wearing another teams colors. Rodgers seems kinda delicate though, I guess this will be the season to test it. Haha, who knows, maybe Favre will break the curse and go out and have an amazing season. :p

If Rodgers gets hurt, we have nobody, Brohm and Flynn, lol.

6. Matriqulated

Wait I totally forgot the Packers drafted Brian Brohm in the 2nd. That pick was a STEAL! Yeah he is going to need time to develop, and I don't think he is a "Franchise" QB, but the kid has a bomb. Louisville is in Rutgers division I've seen him throw it up live. Nice accurate deep ball. If he has the right weapons around him, which Green Bay currently does ie WR who get YAC, I could see him winning a Super Bowl eventually. I'd give him 3 years to get used to the NFL game though.

7. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

If Favre comes back they have to trade or cut a QB. There's no room for starter-quality material like Rodgers and an up-and-comer like Brohm. They have a guy from LSU on the roster who would probably get the axe. Brohm wouldn't get hardly any snaps.

He was the only reason I even liked the Packers and I'd be pissed if he came back for only one season - he'd have to start for two or three to warrant a comeback. That would also ruin just about any chance of Rodgers ever being a franchise guy.

8. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I don't think he will come back even though he has 2 years left on his contract. I think he should stay out like he planned at the end of last season because I can almost guarantee that he won't have another season like that at his age again. Now McNabb, on the other hand, needs to get pushed out because he's not helping our team at all at this point.

dDave likes this.
  9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I really hope that he doesn't come back, I still think he can compete at a high level, but it's time for him to go, he had a great season last season and who says that the same will happen this season.

Rodgers did play well when he stepped in when Favre went down with an injury, it's time for the Packers to give him a chance.

10. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

The Packers don't really have a choice if he chooses to return, they have to take him. The problem I have is that he had this really teary, heart-felt goodbye and returning would just be like . . meh.