• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Favourite Stephen King Movie

Which Stephen King Movie is your favourite?

• Carrie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Shining

• Stand By Me

• Misery

• Salem's Lot

• Other

• Total voters

Bliss

Sally Twit
I know we have some Stephen King book fans here. But which Movie based on his books is your favourite?

It was a tough choice for me because apart from Salem's Lot, I love every Movie on the poll.
I went with IT because I loved it when I was a kid and I love it just as much today.

I just want to add that if you haven't seen 'The Mist' then please change that. It has one of the best endings to any film I have ever seen.

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Mine would Shawshank Redemption coz it's also my all-time fave. However I want to acknowledge this other movie not in the poll:

Dolores Clairborne

Dolores Claiborne (1995) - IMDb

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
It is really good. The plot wasn't predictable and really good acting from Bates and other actors. I think Bates won Best Actress for it in one of the international awards.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Dolores Claiborne was very good, both the movie and the book. The book was a bit better.

I went with Shawshank, obviously, because it's one of my top five favorite movies ever. I just re-read it and honestly it's nowhere near as good as the movie. It's good, but Frank Darabont did an amazing job with the script.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Must have been hard picking just 10 movies to put up on the poll lol. I know there are TONS of movies from Stephen King books. I picked IT, because I really liked it when I watched it. Shawshank Redemption was really good, and I agree Jeanie, the movie was a bit better than the book. The actors really brought the story to life. Why isn't Cujo up there? lol. That movie was awesome, despite the actor who played the stupid whiny crybaby kid in the car. Wow did that grate my nerves haha.

Bliss

Sally Twit
'Other' wasn't the name of a film you know lol. I just picked nine that I knew were popular.
I watched Cujo and I wasn't impressed. It was a bit OTT for me.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
'Other' wasn't the name of a film you know lol. I just picked nine that I knew were popular.
I watched Cujo and I wasn't impressed. It was a bit OTT for me.
oh haha! I totally didn't see the Other option haha!

Also, Cujo the movie follows pretty much exactly along the lines of the book. However, I'll always prefer the book over the movie. Seriously, that's how much the stupid whiny kid ruined the story for me. Anytime I watch the movie, I mute the parts with the kid in it.

Konshentz

Konshentz
This was TOUGH. I just stared at some of the choices. Shawshank, Green Mile, Stand By Me, The Mist... how can you choose between those? Haha. All great films.

I ended up going with The Mist. I liked everything about this movie. One of my favorite horror movies. Thomas Jane is great, the story is entertaining and the ending is brutal.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
1408 struck a good chord with me when it came out, and Children of the Corn was creepy as fuck. Although, I wouldn't have picked either over a number of them in the poll. The Shawshank Redemption winning through for me.