Favourite Sidekick

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bliss, May 22, 2009.

1. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

From any type of media, who is your favourite sidekick?

Film: Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite

TV: Rodney from Only Fools and Horses

Game: Tails from the Sonic series

2. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Barnacle Boy is the Chosen One.

[​IMG]

3. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

After all the comics I've read... the one thing that is true about Sidekicks is that they intentionally suck. They are always just there to take up space... but not enough space so as to take away any attention from the Hero themselves.

BUT! Alas, even though he looks like a dork and dressed almost quite possibly as bad as Robin from the old Batman Comics.... I have to say that James "Bucky" Buchanan Barnes is my favorite Sidekick.

[​IMG]

I say he is my favorite because out of all the Marvel Characters I've been through... Oddly enough he's one of the darker ones! He's not just your standard "Gee Willikers!" kinda sidekick. In reality, Bucky was actually a 16 year old Ruthless Assassin during World War II. What they'd do is Captain America would be the big Epic Fighter for show, but Bucky would be the one that before Cap ever even made it into the fight; he would sneak up and Kill all the gaurds so that Cap could get in Easier and look better in front of the other GI Soldiers. Bucky did the Assassinations, The Night-Shift Cleanups, and just about all the Dirty work that Captain America couldnt or wouldnt do.

Basically Bucky was a badass dressed up in horrible attire :hah: Also, he's one of the few Sidekicks I know of who actually spin off to be their own man, and then eventually even take over the big role to become "The Man" they once were a sidekick for.

So yeah, Bucky is my choice for Favorite Side Kick.

4. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

Film: Chewbacca, Samwise Gamgee.
    TV: Hurley (LOST), Smithers

5. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Movie/TV - Chewbacca is pretty awesome I'm not going to lie

Game - Oh man tough choice, I probably have to go with Diddy Kong sho is Donkey Kong's sidekick other high options are Tails (from Sonic) and maybe Luigi.

I can't think of any awesome sidekick from TV specifically, I'll just go with Pau Gasol who is Kobe Bryants sidekick :lol: that counts right?

6. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Ditto, and

Film: Sam from LOTR

Ooh and just remembered, Gromit too :D

Last edited: May 22, 2009
  7. WesJones87

WesJones87 RayzorBlade87

Tails, or maybe Luigi for the games. Would Roman Bellic from GTA IV be classed as a sidekick? If so, him too.

Wilson from House would be my choice for a TV sidekick, or Baldrick from Blackadder.

Finally, my favourite movie sidekick would be Silent Bob from the View Askewniverse movies.

8. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

Tonto
    Kato
    Dr. Watson

Best sidekicks in any medium

9. gusto

gusto Registered Member

I like Bubbalouie and Boo Boo from the cartoons. I always thought Norton was a fantastic sidekick and Ed NcMahon made Johney Carson.

10. KarlW

KarlW Registered Member

Certainly one of the most successful sidekicks was Bullwinkle J. Moose of
    the classic Jay Ward cartoon series Rocky & His Friends (debuting on ABC in 1959). The moose may have been dumb but he was so popular that, two years later, he got his own prime-time NBC show (beginning in the fall of 1961) .. co-starring (who else?) his buddy, Rocket J. Squirrel.

Many sidekicks were more popular than the stars on television, and for the
    proof you need look no further than the Emmy Awards. Andy Griffith and
    Jackie Gleason never won an Emmy, but both Art Carney and Don Knotts
    were winners (in fact, both won five times). But neither Griffith nor Gleason was ever even nominated.

Movies: gotta also go with Chewbacca. He was the strong, silent type;
    but he was the perfect partner for Han Solo.

Literature: Dr. Watson, Sherlock Holmes' trusted confidant.

Comic books: Robin (Dick Grayson) wasn't quite as corny in the comics
    as his TV counterpart (played by Burt Ward). And those early tales with
    the Dynamic Duo, for me anyway, were more entertaining than most of
    Batman's solo adventures in the later years. And they were more fun.
    Honorable mention: Jughead, who provided much of the humor in the
    Archie comics (for several decades) and even had his own series (twice).