Favourite place to read

Bliss

Sally Twit
Do you like to lay in your bed, sit on a comfy chair, sit on a bus, sit at a desk, sit on the floor or even read while you're walking?

Personally I love reading in bed or on the bus. I can't explain why I like reading on the bus. I find it easy to drown everything out around me and I find bus journeys boring so it's nice to have something to do other than listen to music.

While in bed usually. Don't usually read on the go, although I did read 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' on a train once. Can't seem to read in the front room either because someone always seems to interfere by putting on the television, which is utterly distracting.

Hissa

Registered Member
I like to read while I am in bed....
This is the place where I find myself comfortable & able to focus on what I am reading....

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I like to sit in a comfortable chair or somewhere outside and shady on a sunny day when I read.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
In bed is the only place I'm guaranteed to be able to read every day. I usually can't fall asleep without reading. I love to read outside, but that doesn't happen often. I also like to spend a whole day lying on the couch and reading, but that hasn't happened in ages. I like to read while lying on the couch, but I really don't get any leisure time like that while the Varmint is awake and running around.

Cupoo

Reading is not my bets hobby but when i like to read sth , i read it on my comfy bed...

I can't read on anything moving (car/train/bus) because it gives me a headache. The only place I read books for fun is my bed or lying underneath my dining room table (yeah, weirdo).

I don't read much any more though. Unless it's for school... in which case, the university library is my favourite place because it's open 24hr and you get your own little cubicle thing. Plus no distractions. :) I've tried to read in my room at uni several times and cannot get past a few pages.

Last edited:

Tucker

Lion Rampant
If you want me to get horizontal, hand me a book and I'll be flat on my back in no time. Newspapers and magazines I can read anywhere, but I think books should stay in the bedroom where they belong.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
On a regular basis I would say that I like to read while laying on the couch.

however, my favorite place to read was when we would go camping. I wasn't usually into fishing because it's kind of gross...so when everyone else went fishing I would lay in the hammock and read. You could hear the waves lapping off the shore. It was so peaceful. I haven't been camping in ages, though.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
In bed - especially if I plan to spend a long time reading (it's gentle on my arse).
In the restroom - when I think I'm gonna stay longer, lol
I can't do moving places as much anymore - makes me dizzy, but I still try from time to time like on a train (plane is also fine)