Favourite Passages

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Smelnick, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

I thought it would be cool to have a thread where we can post our favourite passage(s) from our religion or belief of choice and explain what we think it mean and discuss them.

This thread is open for any religion to post. So if you disagree with someone's interpretation, it should be because you think they read it wrong, not because you disagree with their religion choice. Remember also, if you disagree, remember to back it up with some reasoning. Don't just 'I disagree' and then start posting your own passage. Also, keep it to a maximum three passages per post =P About 5 or six verses per passage. No need to post the whole bible or other religious doctrine as your passage.

Alrighty, I'll start us off with my two favourite passages

I'm using a New International Version Student Bible as my source. Christianity basically.

- This is my main life verse. I've had many hardships in my life, and worked hard in my life with God's help to get where I am today. When I'm undergoing a trial or a hard time in my life, if I have no other reason to try and make it through, I go back to this verse. I just need to beat this trial and I'll be blessed. Gives me a purpose to perservere so to speak.

- My possesions and money and all the like mean nothing. They only last a life time, and when I get to heaven, I won't have them. All I'll have is what I stored up in heaven. I've always understood it to mean that I shouldn't worry about my earthly possessions so much and instead concentrate on Godly stuff. Like doing ministry, sharing my wealkth with others. I'm not sure though as to how that results me treasures being stored in heaven for me.

2. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

yeah, I could swim in Matthew 6.

Its taken me a long time to not worry about things. God is good, God will provide and worrying is from Satan.

3. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Phil-4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who stengthens me"-I've always loved that passage and live by it.

4. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

Psalms 23:
    1. A song of David. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
    2. He causes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside still waters.
    3. He restores my soul; He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
    4. Even when I walk in the valley of darkness, I will fear no evil for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff-they comfort me.
    5. You set a table before me in the presence of my adversaries; You anointed my head with oil; my cup overflows.
    6. May only goodness and kindness pursue me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for length of days.

Speaks for itself.