• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Favourite Music Genre

Favourite Genre

• Total voters

Impact

V.I.P.
We've had this thread before, but not for a while. So what is your favourite genre, above all others? The one you listen to the most?

I picked out the most popular genres I could think of for the poll. Probably needed another poll option for Punk, but in a way I guess it can classify as a sub-genre of rock.

Last edited:

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
I like many various genre's of music, I chose Rock as my top one, tho, it is not more important than most other genre's of music, but is maybe what I tend to listen to most.

:headbanger:

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Close call between metal and classical on that list. I enjoy both genres greatly (as well as hard rock and alt rock).

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I went through a crazed metal phase and I still like a lot of metal but overall I'd have to say rock just because I like so many different aspects of the genre.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
you wouldn't classify Metal as a sub-genre of rock?

I went with rock. At least 99% of what I own is rock. I have 5 classical CDs, everything else is rock.

Impact

V.I.P.
It was close between Metal and Rock for me. I like a lot of rocks subgenres: Classic, Hard, Punk, etc but at the end of the day, I listen to the most metal, and it's my go to genre if i'm in a bad mood, good mood, whatever mood really.
------
you wouldn't classify Metal as a sub-genre of rock?

I went with rock. At least 99% of what I own is rock. I have 5 classical CDs, everything else is rock.
No. Not only because Metal itself has so many sub genres, but also because it took a lot of it's roots from genres other than rock. Blues for example

Last edited:

Iris

rainbow 11!
I would have to say dance/techno/dubstep and everything else like it. I love it all and I have since I first started to really listen to music. My sister raised me on Tiesto, it was my first love and it always will be.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
If it's based on cd collection, I'd be more alternative rock and classical music. I do enjoy listening to some hiphop and a good dance/house music.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
No. Not only because Metal itself has so many sub genres, but also because it took a lot of it's roots from genres other than rock. Blues for example
Rock is rooted in Blues as well. Truthfully, Blues is the foundation for many popular genres.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
From that list, I love; Rock, Blues, and Classical. Especially the former two.

Classic rock is my favourite type of music, but Rock as a whole is a genre in which I love a lot of the subtypes, but dislike others. But I'll still go with that.

Now the word Rock looks funny. rockrockrock.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 5
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 3
sunrise Movies & TV 3
sunrise Music 16
Crouton Music 10