• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Nintendo 64 Favourite GE character, multiplayer.

dk_rare

Registered Member
I carnt believe there are no Goldeneye threads yet! Anyway, there are way too many to bother creating a poll, so just say which is your favourite character. I usually use Oddjob or that Moonraker one, as they seem to be the shortest (as I am not that good at GE, tbo), but if I am playing for fun or against people of equal skill I will always use Boris. That floral shirt is just amazing, he also looks the coolest with a gun ^_^

Gamechamp

Registered Member
I always tried to be James Bond. In fact, nearly everyone did. Then they found a character cheat thing or something, and I always tried to be a scientist. "Using the theory of e=mc squared, I just got a headshot."

Boris was always a fun character to play as, but I don't think I really have a favorite. The Siberian Special Forces were cool though (the guys in the cool blue suits at the second Bunker level). I always tried to pick a character that would blend in with the level, like Alec at the Caves.

dk_rare

Registered Member
Hey, that's pretty clever :D Like camo in Metal Gear. Boris' floral shirt, on the other hand... well he could just wear a big "shoot me" sign?

I'm not sure why I never wanted to be Bond, maybe because everyone else always was. I mean I am a big Bond fan, and Brosnan fan, but sometimes you gotta do your own thing. Especially if you are going to be an ass goblin and pick the shortest ones :p

GE didn't penalise you for picking the shortest characters, like PD did. In PD the taller you were, the faster you walked/turned (I believe, it's been a while since I played :p)

I don't think that is true of PD. The only tall character in PD is Mr. Blonde and I am pretty sure that he runs at the same speed as everyone else. If there is a difference in speed, I'm sure it's minimal.

And to get back on topic, I hate it when people pick Oddjob. Especially since all my friends always pick him. But that's alright, it's just more of an incentive to kill them.

dk_rare

Registered Member
The aliens are pretty short. If you have the game, gib it a go. Compare running and turning on the spot speeds ^_^ An alien and Mr Blond should do nicely.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
dk_rare said:
The aliens are pretty short. If you have the game, gib it a go. Compare running and turning on the spot speeds ^_^ An alien and Mr Blond should do nicely.
The funny thing about that is that he actually might take you seriously. I mean comeon... he's RossDude from PDC.

RossDude said:
Boris was always a fun character to play as, but I don't think I really have a favorite. The Siberian Special Forces were cool though (the guys in the cool blue suits at the second Bunker level). I always tried to pick a character that would blend in with the level, like Alec at the Caves.
The SSF were the single hardest people in the single player game. They had 100% accuracy, full or double body armor (even when hit in the head), and there were always a lot of them close together in groups.

I used to like to get characters that blend in too, but to an extent, it felt like cheating kinda, so I just started getting characters I like. I personally prefer the Janus Marine. I always liked his getup the best out of all the characters.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I always preferred the helicopter pilot, I called him the hemlet guy.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I think I usually used either Bond, 006, the helicopter pilot, or one of the special forces guys. It was definitely annoying when people would pick Oddjob every time.

Wrecked

Registered Member
i vaguley remember using bond and some chick most of the time. and once in a while i would also use jaws.

most of the time when we played multi there were only 3 people. whoever wanted to be an A hole would choose odd job, and the other two would try to double team him for doing so.