• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Favourite film beginning with P

Fave Flick Beginning With P

• Total voters

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
There's a few films out there in which the title begins with the letter P.
But which is your favourite.

Not the normal type of filming poll I do. But it stands. elaborate on your favourites please.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
What an odd poll, but hey I'll bite.

I went with Pirates of the Caribbean because Captain Jack Sparrow is one of my favorite characters ever.

I never saw Panic Room. Philadelphia was good but didn't really stick with me, except for Bruce's song. Pi was too difficult for me to watch because the main character had what looked to me like cluster headaches, which I used to get and it was hard to watch someone suffer like that and know exactly what it felt like. Never saw The Pianist. Plus the title always reminds me of that joke about the 12 inch piano :rimshot: Platoon was good but not even in my top 20. Predator is kind of a guilty pleasure. I never saw Psycho, if you can believe that. And Pulp Fiction did not stand the test of time for me.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Pi and Philadelphia were both good, but I'll have to say Philadelphia was better. Like Jeanie said, Pi was hard to watch at times because of those headache scenes, even if I've never suffered from them.

shelgarr

Registered Member
I love just about any movie that has to do witht the Holocaust. It's a subject that facinates me.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Dude, I can't vote. You've got Philadelphia, Psycho and Pulp Fiction on there. Umm... Umm.. Wow, this is hard. I love all three of those, yet they are all so different.
Oh fuck it. I chose Philadelphia because I ordered it from Play.com this morning. I was looking through my collection and realised it was missing. I slapped myself in the FACE.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Psycho. Hitchcock's greatest film.

There is simply no competition for the P films for me. Psycho is easily one my favorites of all time, really.

Dabs

Registered Member
The first movie that came to mind when I saw the letter "P" was Poltergeist, and it isn't even listed. And no way I will ever watch Psycho, and I haven't really seen most of the others. Never even heard of Pi. I did watch Platoon, but it's not gonna be a favorite. So Depp is always my favorite pirate, so I went with him :)

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
There is an 'others' option Dabs.
I did consider putting Poltergeist on the poll, yet I went with a bit of a variation. I also had to cut out the likes of Patton, The Player, Point Blank and The Poseidon Adventure among a load of others. I can only post ten options in a poll, hence I submit 9 films and the tenth is always other...

:) ---

Nonetheless, Poltergeist is a brilliant film. Creepy, weird and pretty damn scary in places.

Dabs

Registered Member
There is an 'others' option Dabs.
I did consider putting Poltergeist on the poll, yet I went with a bit of a variation. I also had to cut out the likes of Patton, The Player, Point Blank and The Poseidon Adventure among a load of others. I can only post ten options in a poll, hence I submit 9 films and the tenth is always other...

:) ---

Nonetheless, Poltergeist is a brilliant film. Creepy, weird and pretty damn scary in places.

Oh yes, The Poseidon Adventure is another great movie! I seen the 'other options' but chose not to write in my own, so voted for one you already had listed :)

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Oh yes, The Poseidon Adventure is another great movie! I seen the 'other options' but chose not to write in my own, so voted for one you already had listed :)
That's cool... Yeah I like The Poseidon Adventure, although I bet a few hate it. It's better than the ruddy remake thing.