• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Favourite feel good moment(s) in sports?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Through out the history of sports, there has been lots of feel good moments.

Let's hear your favourite(s)

These won't be any specific order.

1. When Derek Redmond tore his hamstring in the '92 Olympics and his father came down to help him finish the race.

2. Michael Sam being the first openly gay athlete to get drafted in the NFL

I'll start off with these two, and let others pick some.

smh122

Registered Member
Kevin Garnett yelling anything is possible after winning the championship and Vick's return to the NFL...Especially that once in a lifetime game he had vs the Redskins on MNF

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Warning: Feels ahead.

Connor the Crusher

TD Garden sings the National Anthem after the Marathon Bombings

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Great one with Connor the Crusher, Merc.

I could not hold back the tears during the Hall of Fame induction.

Not to go off-topic here, but that's one thing the WWE don't get enough credit for, and it's the amount of time they put in with sick children, and how many times wishes they've granted for the Make a Wish Foundation.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
When an athlete who makes an embarrassing blunder gets redeemed with a championship. I was recently researching the hockey player Steve Smith for a game and found out about his blunder for the Oilers in 199ty-something that lost them the playoff round against the Flames, then I think he went to the Flames some years later and won the cup. So even though I didn't know or experience it live, even learning about it now makes me feel good. I really wish that more than a person's worst would pop up when you search them as I had to do to come up with ratings for a hockey game he was supposed to be in but took the prior year off. It's just annoying that one bad moment is all people remember sometimes.