• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Favourite comedian?

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I actually have a few such as Gabriel Iglesias, Paul Foot, Akmal Saleh, Dave Chapelle but my most favourite one is the Australian comedian called Carl Barron, he is an observational comedian and his acts are the best.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
My favorite of alltime is Red Skelton but as far as stand up I have a list that includes. . . . . . .

Gabriel Iglesias

John Pinnette

Bobby Collins

Wayne Kotter

Lenny Clark

Rodney Dangerfield

Jeff Foxworthy

Jeff Dunham

Ron White

Bill Ingvall

Larry The Cable Guy

Sam Kinison

Jerry Seinfeld

Tim Allen just to name a few, i have others to be posted later

Last edited:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
There is zero competition.

George Carlin

A brilliant, vulgar mind, he was brutally honest and said a lot of things that many of us would never dared to admit or share. He was also uncomfortably on point with a lot of his life humor on human beings, the economy, war, religion etc.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Anthony Jeselnik & Brian Regan. Complete opposites when it comes to style & jokes, these two are definitely my favorite comedians.

Louis C.K. and Hedberg are honorable mentions.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
I love George Carlin but he got bitter in the later part of his career but he was still funny as hell.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Robin Williams. His comedic genius is unparalleled, IMO. The first time I watched Robin Williams Live on Broadway, my sides constantly hurt from laughing so hard.

Guys like George Carlin are great, but too often the humor is lessened when I feel they're wrong. You can make a political joke that's hilarious even if inaccurate, but too often it becomes clear that they don't really know what they're talking about, but they think they do.

If someone makes a joke, and it's basically "I don't understand, but this seems really weird to me", it can be hilarious. But if they do the same thing, but it comes across as "Here are these people who believe this really weird thing, and let's laugh at them", it can be kind of awkward, especially if they don't believe it.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Robin Williams and Jim Carrey are my two favourite. Steve Carrell is up there as well. I just like their style of humour. Robin Williams can make a joke out of everything. They just take you by surprise sometimes too, he's so quick. Jim Carrey's a bit more slapstick, expressional humour is akin to my own humourous antics. I don't even need to explain why steve carrell is funny.

Some others I find funny as well, but don't neccessarily rank up there, are Dane Cook and Seth Rogan. Definitely funny guys, but not always laugh out loud.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
No one's mentioned Dave Chappelle yet? Shame on you all.

Anyways, my list would look something like this: (and in no particular order)

- Dave Chappelle
- Norm MacDonald
- Richard Pryor
- George Carlin
- Bill Hicks
- Greg Giraldo
- Sarah Silverman
- John Witherspoon
- Bill Maher

I'm pretty sure I'm missing a few, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

EDIT: Oh wait, never mind... Aleks did mention Dave Chappelle. I need to learn to read better :shifteyes:

Last edited:

Wade8813

Registered Member
No one's mentioned Dave Chappelle yet? Shame on you all.

Anyways, my list would look something like this: (and in no particular order)

- Dave Chappelle
- Norm MacDonald
- Richard Pryor
- George Carlin
- Bill Hicks
- Greg Giraldo
- Sarah Silverman
- John Witherspoon
- Bill Maher

I'm pretty sure I'm missing a few, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
I only listed my favorite comedian, so it makes sense that I wouldn't mention him. You listed your top 9 and didn't include Robin Williams, so shame on YOU.

Although I will say that you made me try to think of comedians that nobody else listed, and Bill Cosby at least deserves a mention.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 5
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 3
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 5
Babe_Ruth General Discussion 11
Saucepan Bathroom Wall 6