Favorite Zelda Mini-game

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Major, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

What's your favorite mini-game from any Zelda game?

Mine is definitely horseback archery in Ocarina of Time. A lot of people like the fishing, but I think that's incredibly boring.

2. Wrecked

Wrecked Registered Member

same goes for me.

didn't you win like a heart piece if you did really well?

3. Major

Yeah, I think you could win the large quiver and a heart piece.

4. Pianobone

Pianobone Registered Member

Yeah, the horse riding was cool. Plus, you could use it in the game as a skill. Fishing was a complete waste of time. I only did it to unlock whatever item you got from catching a big fish and then I quit. The fishing in Zelda is just another example of how Japanese make anything into a game. I'm sure in Japan they have store that sell nothing but fishing games. It's so weird- their culture has so many "simulators" for actual things. I mean, sure I would go on a space ship sim because I'll probably never go in space, but fishing? C'mon, how hard is it to take your lazy butt out to a pond and go fish?

5. NewGamePlus

NewGamePlus Registered Member

I'm an old schooler. Haven't played a Zelda game after Link to the Past. Yes I know.... gasp in horror. Go ahead. It's ok!

Alright. Now that that's out of the way.... My favorite mini game is the archery range where you shoot the moving octorock targets behind those weird hamburger helper like hand things. The mini game wasn't so productive game-wise because it was difficult and you don't get much from winning, but it was still fun. Also, I liked digging in the field nearby. It was always fun to see what kind of surprises would pop up with the shovel. Also, the fun of this game was enhanced by the fact that it was only accessable for a limited of time during a quest, because as soon as you use the shovel to dig up the flute (which is a very practical and damn near completely necessary item to have productivity-wise), you lose the shovel. Though it sucked, it did build up the anticipation to the dig.

6. NewGamePlus

:lol:

Well, in all fairness, not all of us live near good fishing grounds. But yeah, that's funny.

7. RossDude

RossDude Beep

This is a tough choice. I remember enjoying Bombchu Bowling as well as the archery training in OoT. But I also vaguely remember some battleship minigame in Wind Waker that was fun, too.

I'm just gonna go with Bombchu Bowling.

8. NewGamePlus

Bombchu? Sounds like some game that Pikachu made up and likes to do in his spare time.

9. RossDude

RossDude Beep

You have an N64, right, vega? Have you not played OoT (as your post would imply)? Every N64 owner should also own this game.

Anyway, Bombchus are bombs that will travel in a straight line (for the most part) after you set it down, and you have to try and get the bomb past several obstacles toward your target in Bombchu Bowling.

10. Major

Yeah Vega, you really gotta get Ocarina of Time. Most people agree it's one of, if not THE best game ever. Anyway, bombchus are bombs that look kind of like mechanical mice, and when you put them on the ground they'll move forward and crawl up the walls and ceilings and stuff before exploding.

Bombchu

Bombchu Bowling