• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Favorite Zelda Items

Favorite Zelda Item

• Boomerang

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hookshot

• Bow

• Candle

• Ocarina

• Bombs

• Shield

• Wand

• Roc Feather

• other (specify)

• Total voters

Wrecked

Registered Member
LaRazaUnida said:
That would be just too cool...and probably the only way I would ever get a boomerang to come back to me. Has anyone ever done it in real life?
many years ago we visited my grandma in canada [ america's hat ]. i went to the local park and was sporting a plastic boomerang, which i guess i bought. i remember throwing it a bunch of times and it wouldn't come back, it would just flop down to the floor after so far. then my last throw i chuck it towards the sky at around 50 degrees. it goes super far and i'm suprised that i was able to throw it that far. then it starts to arch back towards me, and heads straight for me. i ducked :sick: . i was only 8 around the time and i guess i didn't think i'd be able to catch it cause it seemed like it was going so fast.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
That's pretty cool. Musta been one of those hard wooden boomerangs. I've seen those before. I probably would have ducked too.... maybe even at this age, depending on how it looked coming and whether or not I have confidence in my catching ability.

There must be an exact science to the throwing, kinda like in hockey stopping on ice skates (which I still to this day do not know how to do). I bet for starters that the typical backhand arrow forward way that people usually assume to throw a boomerang like is not the correct way.

Wrecked

Registered Member
00vega said:
There must be an exact science to the throwing, kinda like in hockey stopping on ice skates (which I still to this day do not know how to do). I bet for starters that the typical backhand arrow forward way that people usually assume to throw a boomerang like is not the correct way.
i can't do that hockey stop either! :sick: and i'm good at skating/blading. i've tried a few times and ate it, and then i saw some little kid around me doing it and it ticked me off.

and as for throwing the boomerang, yeah you throw it overhand kinda like a foot ball, and not backhand like a frisbee.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Hockey stops are pretty easy. It's really just all about balance and not worrying that you're gonna fall. If you're unsure of yourself, you probably WILL fall. It's one of those things that once you start, you have to be fully committed to it, like going off a big jump on a snowboard or something. Can't try to change directions in mid-air. After a little bit of practice it should be really easy.

Wrecked

Registered Member
how do you actually do it? is it a small hop, turn, and angle your skates a little? or is it a quick turn?

and since we're on the topic of skating, one time i was on the ice with my cousins. someone fell behind me and hit the back of my knees which made me fall, then some douche bag ran over my pinky and i started bleeding everywhere.

good times.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Buckeye101 said:
Hockey stops are pretty easy. It's really just all about balance and not worrying that you're gonna fall. If you're unsure of yourself, you probably WILL fall. It's one of those things that once you start, you have to be fully committed to it, like going off a big jump on a snowboard or something. Can't try to change directions in mid-air. After a little bit of practice it should be really easy.

Sounds exactly like a backflip from a ladder. I've done that many times in wrestling, but I still can't do a simple stop in hockey, and in the few times I've actually completed it and COME to a full stop, I felt I was putting forth way too much leg effort into the ground than I should have to.

Wrecked said:
one time i was on the ice with my cousins. someone fell behind me and hit the back of my knees which made me fall, then some douche bag ran over my pinky and i started bleeding everywhere.
OH HOLY FUCKING FUCK OF A FUCKER!!!

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Wrecked said:
how do you actually do it? is it a small hop, turn, and angle your skates a little? or is it a quick turn?

and since we're on the topic of skating, one time i was on the ice with my cousins. someone fell behind me and hit the back of my knees which made me fall, then some douche bag ran over my pinky and i started bleeding everywhere.

good times.
Well, to be honest, I haven't skated on ice in a long time so I'm just going off my bad memory. You don't really need to hop. It's more of a quick turn. I think you want your front foot to do most of the stopping, and use your back foot more for balance. Hard to explain without having done it in several years.

And damn, that must have hurt. :sick: It sucks just falling on ice. It's worse than concrete. But getting your pinky run over by a skate? Wow.

Wrecked

Registered Member
Buckeye101 said:
And damn, that must have hurt. :sick: It sucks just falling on ice. It's worse than concrete. But getting your pinky run over by a skate? Wow.
yup and it was a big guy. and my pinky took enough of the energy to make him fall, while i quickly grabbed my body and pulled it towards my body saying something like "MOTHER FUCKER~! watch where you're fucking going you fucking A hole!" or something like that.