• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Favorite Zelda Items

Favorite Zelda Item

• Boomerang

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hookshot

• Bow

• Candle

• Ocarina

• Bombs

• Shield

• Wand

• Roc Feather

• other (specify)

• Total voters
I voted for the hookshot. There are countless things you can do with it. It can stun/hurt enemies, and get you from place to place quickly. I remember going from rooftop to rooftop around Kakariko Village in OoT with it, that was cool.

compudoc

Registered Member
I was truly torn between boomerang and hook shot. Depends on which Zelda I guess not all had a hook shot and boomerang was better in some. Original Zelda id have to say bomb though. UUUHGH decisions.

Pianobone

Registered Member
The hookshot is definately an awesome item, but I still went for boomerang. Anyone played Four Swords for GC / GBA?

I was playing through that with two other friends and to go from screen to screen you have to have all four Links together. Well, leave it to "Mr. Smarty Pants" to always be going off in some other direction. The cool thing about the boomerang in that game was you could use it to pull the other players to your spot to jump over holes, etc. So I would always throw the boomerang at him and make him come to us to scroll over a screen. :)

(side note on Four Swords- each player can only have one item, so you have to use teamwork. One person has bombs, the other one has a feather so you pick up the bomb guy and jump over a hole, then he puts a bomb on the wall. It was a very cool concept)

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
I also liked the bee in A Link to the Past.... that's right, the "BEE". Because you could catch one, then let it go, strike it or something, and then dash around all over the screen running away while it chased you. Fun stuff. I loved tinkering around with items like that, using them in ways they were unintended to be used for. :)

That sounds like fun. It reminds me of something I used to do in Sonic Adventure. If I ever destroyed a robot that produced a blue bird, I would run around the level, letting the bird chase me. It was pretty tense, those birds were fast.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
I love those trophies you get in Wind Waker for taking pictures. Ah, collecting... the finest sport of all!

yooperchick

Registered Member
My vote goes for the boomerang. I've only played the first Zelda, but that boomerang helped link so many times freezing bad guys and fetching my treasures for me. Link is a pretty lazy guy I think.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Gamechamp said:
I love those trophies you get in Wind Waker for taking pictures. Ah, collecting... the finest sport of all!
Did you actually collect all of them? I can't even figure out how to get the deluxe pictograph. Seems way too tedious, but I want to try it sometime.

dk_rare

Registered Member
I thought Skullkid and Kafei made a cute item, but Mikau and Link are the perfect item ; )

Seriously though, I also really liked the glass bottles. I mean it. No other game could make a glass bottle seem so precious, so useful and desirable like a rare gem. It also looked amazing, the shimering glass with the cork in it. With milk in it the bottles look delicious, with a fairy in it the bottles look cute and even an empty bottle glitters like the finest glassware.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
Buckeye101 said:
Did you actually collect all of them? I can't even figure out how to get the deluxe pictograph. Seems way too tedious, but I want to try it sometime.
No. I got about 1/4th of them, mostly just random people and a couple monsters and I think 2 of the bosses. I had only really began working on them when the game was, guess what?

A. Stolen.

B. Given up on.

C. Accidentally thrown into a tornado.

If you answered A, then you've actually bothered paying attention to my posts. Congrats.