• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Favorite WWE Moments of 2016 Thus Far

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I thought it may be fun to throw out some of our favorite WWE moments of 2016 so far. The year is halfway over already, and there have been plenty of memorable moments, matches, and call-ups. With the draft happening tonight, I'm sure we'll have a few more to discuss in the next 24 hrs.

Don't worry about ranking a list unless you really want to - I just thought it would be fun to throw moments around.

The first two that I wanted to throw out there is AJ Styles' debut, and then his heel turn. He's an all-time favorite of mine, and seeing him in WWE has been surreal. HIs debut at the Rumble was the highlight of that night for me, and was a moment I found myself watching again and again on YouTube. His heel turn against John Cena, for me, was completely unexpected. It was what I had wanted out of that scenario all along, but I didn't think the WWE was going to pull the trigger on The Club. It seemed like a typical Raw that night, and a face/face tag team with him and Cena looked like the typical course of action. Luckily, The Phenomenal One likes to #BeatUpJohnCena.

Match-wise, Sami Zayn vs. Nakamura was really hard to beat. That still is my match of the year in any company, on any brand.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
AJ's debut has to be #1, especially given that the monstrous pop he got at the Royal Rumble was a tad unexpected. He was kinda of a hometown guy, given that it was in Orlando but still, this pop literally changed everything for AJ Styles in WWE, to the point that Vince McMahon publicly said he wished he had signed Styles 10 years ago and he's probably gonna be the top guy on Smackdown. Something we didn't think would be possible.