• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Favorite war song

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know if songs have any influence on what the government does but during the Vietnam war I have to wonder if it did. I think there were some incredible great anti-war songs during that era. Probably some after that I'm just not familiar with them.

What is your favorite anti war song? Or pro if you can think of any you liked?

Here is mine. Warning this was at Woodstock. No nudity, although there was plenty going on among other things, but the f bomb was dropped a couple of times.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is the original version he released in 1965 put to scenes from the Vietnam war with President Johnson speaking at the beginning and end. In ways I like this one better although the sound isn't that great.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Found a pro war song. Totally forgot about it. Its a parody of a old Beach Boys song.

Impaired

Registered Member

The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down - the Band

Battle of New Orleans - Johnny Horton

War - Edwin Starr

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Johnny Cash sings The Battle Hymn Of The Republic