Favorite type of match?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
What's your favorite type of match?

There's so many different typers of match in wrestling, but if I had to choose one of them I'd have to go with a TLC match, I love table matches I love ladder matches and I love it when people use chairs. In this match you combine three of those things which makes the match that even better.

I'd have to say a street fight is my second selection.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Buired Alive

I know it's kind of lame, but I love 'em.

They were my favorite when I was younger too.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I must admit I love me some gimmick matches. They are needed in order to end feuds. Gulf of Mexico match is my pick ;) just kidding...

Umm I'll go with battle royals. I love the over the top rope situlations.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I have to go with real wrestling, the kind that they do in High school, no steroids, no cheating, all skill and endurance.

I do this sport myself and it is a very rewarding experience.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I have to go with real wrestling, the kind that they do in High school, no steroids, no cheating, all skill and endurance.

I do this sport myself and it is a very rewarding experience.
So . . why are you posting in this thread? No offense, but I wouldn't get into the whole "skill" fight, what those guys do in entertainment wrestling is athletic acting and it is not easy. Think of how hard it is to pull off a strong maneuver, now imagine how hard it is to fake it while making it look as real and believable as possible.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'll go out on a limb and say the "fake" stuff on the whole is much harder then the "Real" stuff. I am not talking about MMA, UFC, that stuff.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Have any of you ever done wrestling before?

It is one of the hardest things imaginable it's no easy task to pin your opponent when both of you are trying to win the match, and High school wrestler would back me up on this.

Watching staged fights isn't as entertaining as watching real live wrestling where you have no idea who is going to win.

Anybody who has wrestled before knows what i am talking about, sure it looks easy but you have no right to criticize on something that you have never done before especially since it is incredibly hard.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Have any of you ever done wrestling before?
I'll ask you one last time to drop this, because you will lose and someone will end up whining and moaning by the time this is over.

It is one of the hardest things imaginable it's no easy task to pin your opponent when both of you are trying to win the match, and High school wrestler would back me up on this.
So your defense is that it's hard? English is hard, too. What's your point? Do you think it's easy to choreograph moves and whole fights? Do you think it's easy to train and work out? Even guys who do steroids (which I don't like, I can agree with you on that) have to work out and get into peak form.

Watching staged fights isn't as entertaining as watching real live wrestling where you have no idea who is going to win.
Judging by the end of your statement, you seem to be suggesting that everyone knows who is going to win wrestling matches (entertainment ones that is). Actually, I can prove to you that entertainment wrestling isn't always predictable. Take the last WWE Royal Rumble. Everyone knew Triple H or Undertaker were going to win, until Cena showed up, unexpected by every media outlet, and won.

Also, why is live sporting events better than staged events? That's like saying improvisational acting is the only real acting, that filmed acting is just lame and pointless because they don't do it on the spot. Both entertainment wrestling and real wrestling require talent, just different kinds.

[sarcasm]By the way, how did you get the WWE and TNA to send you a list of winners beforehand? You know, seeing as you know all the winners already. That sounds pretty cool, you must have some connections.[/sarcasm]

Anybody who has wrestled before knows what i am talking about, sure it looks easy but you have no right to criticize on something that you have never done before especially since it is incredibly hard.
So because it's hard and because I've never done it before, I'm not allowed to criticize it? That doesn't make much sense if you ask me, it seems more like a defensive statement trying to keep others from arguing with you.

May I point out that you've never done staged wrestling, so by your views, aren't you disallowed from criticizing it?

Both staged wrestling and real wrestling are challenging in different aspects. I believe staged wrestling is a lot more entertaining because it's story driven (usually and there's no saying how great the stories are) and the wrestlers have characters. It's like an athletic play basically.

Lastly, please don't use the "it's lame and pointless because it's fake" defense, it's tried and old and easily shot down. Just realize that both are tough, both can be fun, and that both require some serious athletic talent.

LASTLY, PLEASE END THIS AND TAKE IT TO ANOTHER THREAD!

Back on topic . . . . .

The Royal Rumble has always been a big favorite of mine. Something about all those guys vying for the title shot is such an adrenaline rush.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Dave why are you posting in this thread, honestly you knew I was talking about the WWE why did you have to go ruin the thread by saying real wrestling is better. Everyone has their own opinions, I prefer the WWE over real wrestling, so does almost everyone that post in this section.

So anyways back to the topic, I like the Battle Royal, but only when there's tons of people in the ring at the same time, if it's around 2-6 it's not all that exciting in my opinion.