Favorite time of year to camp

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by Major, Aug 6, 2008.

?

Favorite time to camp?

1. Spring

20.0%
  2. Summer

20.0%
  3. Fall

60.0%
  4. Winter

10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

When is the best time to go camping?

I've camped in all four seasons and fall is by far the best in my opinion. It's cool, but not too cold. The bugs are gone. Plus I love hearing leaves falling onto my tent.

Spring is too buggy. It's nice if it's cool, but if it's hot, forget about it.

Summer is too hot and buggy.

Winter is fun as long as it's not too cold. I've camped as cold as 20 degrees. If you're not prepared you're in for a long night.

2. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I've never been camping. But when I do I'd like it to be in the fall.

3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I voted for summer because that's when I usually go, however, I do go camping in the fall as well just not as much, I have a lot of fun camping any time unless it's cold outside so I don't like winter camping all that much.

4. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

I've only ever been camping once and it was summer. And I couldn't stand the heat.
    I'd prefer camping in the fall but doubt I'll be going camping in the near future, if ever.

5. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I've only ever camped during the summer so I have nothing else to compare it to but definitely the bugs are the worst as well as the mugginess.

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I'm voting for Spring because around here the Summers can get up to, and above, 100 degrees. It drains you of your energy and it takes the fun out of camping. Spring has warm days that aren't too hot.

7. Rectify88

Rectify88 Registered Member

Oh by far my fav is Fall. Camping in New England fall is such a intimate experience. There's color and sound, and smells, and it's perfect out. The morning mist, the burning fire and it's quiet because if you work, you can go when the kids are in school, and the rates are cheaper.

If your in the New England Area, one of the best places to camp is in Bar Harbor, in or near Acadia Park

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  8. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

You have to camp under trees when you go camping in the summer. I did that and it was fine, it was over 90 I think one of those days.

9. padd

padd Registered Member

Thats the only time I have ever camped, and by logic it must be a drag to camp all other seasons. bugs/heat/cold.

10. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I like to go camping in the fall. The leaves on the trees are so colorful at that time of year and it's not too hot and not too cold, it's just right.

And nothing beats a camp fire in the fall weather, it just sets the tone for the next few months till spring comes back.