Favorite Stadium?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, May 12, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

There's so many great stadiums in the Major Leagues, old or new. Which one would be your favorite and why?

For me it's Fenway Park, I've always been a fan of the Green Monster, I find it so facinating. Also the history of that ball park is so amazing, just think of the players that sat in the dugout, walk the halls. Its simply amazing thinking about that.

Yankee Stadium was my favorite last year, but since it's not there anymore, I've now changed to Fenway.

2. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

My favorite old stadium is the Polo Grounds with old Tiger Stadium a close second.

I love the new Busch Stadium but I think right now my favorite is Fenway as well. Wrigley Field is a dump but I still love it too.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Polo Grounds was an amazing stadium. I wish it was still around. If it was players would have so much problems hitting homeruns out of there, especially in dead center. I dont know remember how far the fence is from home plate, but I know it was really far. That's what made Babe Ruth even more impressive, because he hit so many home runs out of that park.

Tiger Stadium was awesome as well.

Old Stadiums were so much better then the ones we have today in my opinion.

4. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

There are tons of rumors on how deep the PoloGrounds center field actually was. Wikipedia lists it as 483 feet...which is ridiculous.

If you could pull the ball you're looking at distances under 300 feet, however. Just an unique place to say the least. Although if someone made one similar this day in age it would get shit on just like Minute Maid Ballpark does in Houston

5. metsforever7515

metsforever7515 Registered Member

Sorry, but I gotta say Citi Field. It's truly an amazing place to watch a game. I've been to 6 games, and been there 10 times already. I love the place so much. Hopefully I'll get some great memories there.