• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Favorite Sports Moment 2011

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is different from the other thread I just created(Play of the year 2011). There were so many great sport moments in the year 2011 being good or bad, which one is your favorite and please tell me your thoughts why that one stands on top of the mountain over the others.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Definitely my favourite sporting moment of 2011 was Arsenal beating Barcelona in the first leg of their Champions League Quarter Final match on 16th February 2011.

Arsenal's goals vs Barcelona 2-1 - YouTube

I didn't think we stood a chance against Barca so the win came as a huge surprise. Also it was fantastic the way that we got the victory. We didn't hold back, we played positive football, and we "out Barcad" Barca! Of course following this match was us completely crashing out of the league cup, fa cup, premier league and losing to Barca in the second leg but... I guess as an Arsenal fan, that's just something you have to be ready for! Every bloody season...

Konshentz

Konshentz
My favorite 2011 sports moment was the Stanley Cup finals. Watching the Bruins embarrass Luongo & the Canucks was a whole lot of fun. Haha. I would've much rather seen the Sharks in the finals but hey, you've just gotta make the best of a bad situation. Ha.

Ivan13

Registered Member
My favourite sporting moment from this year was Ivica Kostelić winning the Alpine ski World Cup, after all he's been trough with his injuries it's been a very emotional moment for him and everyone that likes him and his family here in Croatia.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Favorite sports moment? Wow... tough question...

For me it would have to be the Packers winning the Super Bowl. I am not a fan of the Packers, but as a fan of football in general, I LOVE seeing a national favorite win it all. The Packers are a great team to root for because they are from a small town and most of the people in Green Bay work for the team.

It was just so good to watch them win.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Can I cheat and include all of the baseball playoffs and the last couple games leading up to the playoffs?

I mean seriously, it was some of the most incredibly amazing events in the history of ALL sports.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
The Bruins winning the cup from the Vancouver Divers was pretty intense, it was an awesome series with a lot of great playing from both sides.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah, the Bruins don't dive. *Sigh*

Anyway, the Bruins winning the cup was the worse sports moment of 2011 in my opinion. Alongside when Team Canada blew that lead in the Finals against Russia in the World Juniors.

My favorite sports moment was probably the last day of the Regular Season in the Majors Leagues, when both Atlanta and Boston completed that incredible choke job. The game between the Rays and Yankees was simply amazing. Longoria hitting that home run at the end to win it was incredible to watch.

SuiGeneris

blue 3
There are a ton of them, like Wade I could say the entire MLB post-season.

The Steelers losing was a bonus.

But my all time, favorite moment of 2011. The packers first loss, to the Kansas City Chiefs!!! Yeah I may be a little biased, but oh my goodness that was glorious.