• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Favorite Scorsese film

Favorite Scorsese Film

• Total voters

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
because film is a director's medium, after all. Obviously he has far too many films under his belt to list them all, so I went with the most popular ones and gave an "other" option.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I really like them all. I loved Shutter Island. But I'm going to have to go with Goodfellas.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Mine is Goodfellas, but it would be much more difficult to decide if I had seen The Departed as many times as I've seen Goodfellas. I know every single line in Goodfellas and it's in my top 5 all-time favorite movies.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Goodfellas. The film is a triumph and looked like a nightmare to create, from a technical point of view. The story is brilliant and bristled with intrigue throughout, the acting is spot on and everyone seems to do their bit. From voice over beginnings to voice over ends, it is fabulous - and I absolutely love My Way by The Sex Pistols for the end title music. It's the definitive Mafioso gangster film, even more so than The Godfather in my opinion.

I like every film on the poll though, except Shutter Island.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I loves me my Goodfellas. Terribly inaccurate and highly entertaining.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Goodfellas - hands down best mob movie ever made (second to the Godfather). I was very tempted to vote for Taxi Driver too because I think that has to be Robert DeNiro's best performance.

Konshentz

Konshentz
It was a tough call between Goodfellas & The Departed. But I went with Goodfellas... the greatest mob movie ever made (yes, better than both Godfather 1 & 2).

Bliss

Sally Twit
I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers.

For once it was an easy choice.

There's actually three films from the list I haven't seen so I am thinking I should sort that out sometime soon.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'm going for Cape Fear. It's one of the crime/thriller movies that I enjoyed watching. It's also not that violent, and an easy watch. I also have the DVD. De Niro and Nolte were very good.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I have to go with Shutter Island. It might not be his best of all time, but it's my personal favorite. I love the mind-bending style of not only the story, but also of the direction.

There are quite a few of those that I still need to see.