Movies Favorite Sad Movie/Tragedy?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Alright, I'm sure we've all seen a sad movie or two. What is your favorite? By sad I'm referring to movies that don't have happy endings. Movies that leave you emotionally bummed at the end, but also leave you thinking "Wow, that was a really good movie".

Also, if you are going to go into plot details please use
tags!
For me "The Perfect Storm" comes to mind. I really liked how this movie left you really feeling for the characters towards the end. It was done very well.

Some others for me are Braveheart and Gladiator.

I generally like movies that have a really heavy feel to them. There are a few others I can remember really liking but I'll let a few people reply first.

Its not exactly a movie, but "Band of Brothers" was amazingly amazing, and I cried when they would show the effects of war on some of the men.

Im considering it a movie because I watched them all back to back and it was very long.

This was pretty much me...
[FONT=verdana, arial]
[/FONT]

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I think spoiler tags in general are a good idea for dramatic and sad movies.

Click
Okay, so it's not a sad movie throughout, but the ending was so sad and tragic, that I had to mention it. Watching Sandler realize that he's lost the love of his life, the love of his family, and even missed his father's death all because of his greed killed me.

Seeing Leonidas call out to his wife as he's about to die was such a powerful moment to me that it deserves a mention.

I think spoiler tags in general are a good idea for dramatic and sad movies.

Seeing Leonidas call out to his wife as he's about to die was such a powerful moment to me that it deserves a mention.
About 300.

The part where the one soldier is wounded so that he cant fight, but hes still alive. Hes so sad. That was pretty sad.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Braveheart. I don't even need to say what two parts.

Clerks 2

This might be a little cheesy, but the part when Dante is dancing with Becky and he dips her and they share that deep stare moment always gets to me.
They pause for a second and Dante says "Becky, I love you."
She responds with: "Dante, I'm pregnant.'
Then Dante drops her on the ground.

Another part is when Randall is talking about buying the Quick Stop back. I love the emotion in his voice then and it makes me feel how he feels when I watch it.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Requiem for a Dream. The entire movie is depressing, but it's good.

Jokulhaups

Registered Member
I dont remember what it's called.

It stars Robin Williams as a robot that wants to be human. He gets skin put on him and organs put in him eventually..then he falls in love with his original owners granddaughter or something like that.

He finally get's declared a human (which is what he's wanted for years upon years) right after he dies.

I don't remember what it's called though!
argh!

I dont remember what it's called.

It stars Robin Williams as a robot that wants to be human. He gets skin put on him and organs put in him eventually..then he falls in love with his original owners granddaughter or something like that.

He finally get's declared a human (which is what he's wanted for years upon years) right after he dies.

I don't remember what it's called though!
argh!
Bicentennial Man