Favorite Rivalry?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Babe_Ruth, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I am sure you guys enjoy a lot of different rivalries, but is your favorite?

For me is as to be The Montreal Canadiens vursus the Boston Bruins, it's always a heated battle when they face eachother. They face eachother often so it's very easy to hate him. Also the Canadiens have dominated the Bruins during the last few seasons in the playoffs and the regular season.

So how about you guys?

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Well obviously for me, being an Ohio State fan, it's Ohio State vs Michigan. It's arguably the biggest rivalry in American sports. There are several other awesome college rivalries. The professional rivalries don't nearly compare.

Dragon likes this.
  3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

St Louis Cardinals vs Chicago Cubs for me.

I've been a huge baseball fan for so long and that one was always the biggest to me personally.

4. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Ravens vs. Steelers, hands down the most brutal football you'll ever see.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Favorite rivalries to watch

Since seemingly forever in football (because crowd is really good and bad at the same time, so are the players): psg vs marseilles/ italy vs france

More recently in tennis, for guaranteed excellent performance no matter who wins: federer vs nadal

Figure skating, never know who will win : verner vs joubert

6. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Cricket - Australia vs South Africa. When them two play, the both teams give their best and refuse to lose..unless one team is better than the other.

AFL - Collingwood vs Essendon - These two teams have the biggest rivalty. It's not a suprise if those two teams play and 2 minutes in the game, a brawl erupts.

Soccer - Melbourne Victory vs Sydney FC / Adelaide United. - The fans always abuse each other, the teams always argue with each other. In this years Grand Final, Melbourne vs Adelaide, two players got red carded.

7. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Basketball, I think it'll always be the Celtics Vs the Lakers. When it comes down to playoff time, they just seems to have the best games and the players give it their 100% all.

NFL, it'll defiantly be the Vikings Vs the Packers because they have such talent on both sides of the ball and the Steelers Vs the Ravens because they always have two of the best defense, hard hitting, ball hawking.

MLB, obviously I'll give with the obvious Red Sox vs Yankees. It seems though that no matter what, the Red Sox are the more classier team.

8. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Bob, I'm surprised you didn't mention any college rivalries.

I think North Carolina vs Duke deserves a mention. Definitely the best hoops rivalry. There's so much passion, intensity, hatred, and respect.

9. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Whoops, completely forgot about college.

For basketball, you obviously hit it right on the head with North Carolina and Duke. They've been some dominant over the past few years that something specials will always happen between them.

This past year though, you gotta throw in Pittsburgh and UConn. Both times UConn at #1, both times they lost to Pitt.

Football, Texas and Oklahoma. No matter what, Texas and Oklahoma have games that come down to the 4th quarter, or that have some spectacular plays that just leaving you saying.. "What?"

10. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

FOOTBall - Manchester United V Liverpool, Santos V Boca Juniors

Cricket - England V Australia

Snooker - Hendry V O'Sullivan