Favorite Rivalry

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would like to know what's your favorite rivalry that you watched? But you can't pick a rivalry that involves your favorite team.

Mine has to be the rivalry between Detroit and Colorado had in the late 1990's and early 2000's. The passion that both team showed on the ice gave me goosebumps. The hatred they had for each other was almost impossible. They wanted to kill each other just to win the game. I couldn't get enough of that rivalry and I haven't really seen one like that one in quite the while.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Detroit and St. Louis. I've always had fun watching the games between the 2 teams. Back in the 90s the rivalry was amazing because both teams were great. The last couple years the Blues haven't been so good but the games between each other have been played hard by both sides. I expect the rivalry to get better this year with both teams starting so good.

S

Slimpy

I would like to know what's your favorite rivalry that you watched? But you can't pick a rivalry that involves your favorite team.

Mine has to be the rivalry between Detroit and Colorado had in the late 1990's and early 2000's. The passion that both team showed on the ice gave me goosebumps. The hatred they had for each other was almost impossible. They wanted to kill each other just to win the game. I couldn't get enough of that rivalry and I haven't really seen one like that one in quite the while.

I have to agree with you. I was only young when this rivalry was at its greatest but I can remember a good few games bewteen these guys. I will never forget the fight between Osgood and Roy. Man was that crazy. Back in the 02 playoffs was also amazing when they faced eachother in the western conference final. I remember game 7 so well, where detroit murdered colorado.

njbroncsfan

Registered Member
I am an AV's fan and before I talk about my favorite rivalry I'll just talk about their rivalry with the Red Wings. It was always good in the 90's and early 00's, but it has definitely died down since then. I always looked forward to watching the games on TV when I was growing up. The rivalry today, however, is not as, hmmmm whats the word, intriguing?, as it was in the 90's.

Moving on.....Today I really enjoy the Northeast Division rivalries. Buffalo, Montreal, Boston, Toronto, and Ottawa are games I always look forward to seeing if possible or hearing about.

S

Slimpy

Its also always very exciting to watch a islanders and rangers game, these teams just hate eachother so much, and usually something happens when they play eachother.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Leafs and Habs. The founding fathers of hockey in Canada man , Get those two teams on a sheet of ice on a Saturday night and all of Canada turns into the mad hockey fans we usually are. There's nothing better.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Definitely Detroit & Colorado, for all the reasons MJ said. I got to go to two Detroit-Colorado games, one was a playoff game. What an exciting rivalry that was. I miss it.

I'd have to say it really hasn't been the same ever since Detroit beat Colorado in the 2002 Western Conference Finals.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
That's because since that series has not had the same feel since then. It's just that a lot of feuds get seen to much now a days and it ruins what it was in the first place.

S

Slimpy

The oliers and Flames always can have some heated games. They can be very exciting to watch, especially if something is on the line.

Any Canadian team really can get into a rival game if they are playing each other with something on the line. Canada's teams against one another fighting with something decent on the line sounds pretty gosh darn good.