• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Favorite players...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
No this isn't what you think.

Who are your favorite players in your favorite sports. But you also have to say why their your favorite players, and what's the one thing you loved the most from that athlete.

Konshentz

Konshentz
NHL - San Jose Sharks - Evgeni Nabokov

The goalie is my favorite position, so it's only natural that the number one goalie for my team is one of my favorite players. Plus, he is one of the elite goalies and makes some crazy saves. He also doesn't seem like an arrogant dick, at least not from what I've seen.

NFL - Tennessee Titans - Keith Bulluck

It use to be Steve McNair and Derrick mason, but since they both left - I found a new Titan to be my favorite player. He plays hard every game and makes some great plays, plus, he is Mr. Monday Night. Haha. Again, not an arrogant asshole and not a "me" person.

I have quite a few more but those are the top two. I'd add Chris Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau and Tom Brady (only recently).

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Golf - Phil Mickelson. One of the most talented golfers on tour, and unlike Tiger, one of the friendliest as well. I've been to a lot of golf tournaments, and he always seems to have a smile on his face, like he truly enjoys playing and interacting with the fans. He loves his fans and spends a lot of time after his round signing autographs.

Football - Antoine Winfield. Ever since he played for Ohio State I just loved the way he played. He's small, but one of the hardest hitters at corner in the NFL. The dude makes big plays.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well I'd like to reserve it for just current players since we've done all time a few times. Yes College Players are allowed. Here's my list;

Hockey: Alex Kovalev, I was a fan of Kovalev during his Pittsburgh and Rangers days, but I fell in love with him after he joined the Canadiens. Even though he's now playing for the team I hate the most, I still love watching him. The thing I like the most about him is his skills, he's probably the most gifted player in the NHL, no word of a lie.

Baseball: Ken Griffey, even though he's not the same Griffey as we've seen in the past, I still believe he has the sweetest swings in the Major Leagues. If he never got those injuries who knows how good this guy could of been. My favorite thing about him is his batting stance and swing.

Football: Terrell Owens, I know a lot of people here dislike Owens, but I think he's one of the best wide receivers of all time, he doesn't have the same skill set he use to have, but I still believe if he had a good quarterback he could still get the job done. My favorite thing about T.O is the way he can break tackles so easily.

Basketball: Vince Carter, VC isn't the same player he once was, due to injuries and getting older he's not explosive like he was back in the day, but he can still get to the rim. Sometimes he settles for too many jumpshots and should drive the rim more. I still believe he's an exciting player to watch though. My favorite thing about him is his jumping ability.

I will come back later to give out my selections, for Tennis, Boxing, Golf and a few other sports.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
MLB - Youk.

He's a bit of a hot head but I like a player with passion and a guy who's not afraid to get a little pumped up. He's got a wicked bat, a gold glove and the kind of attitude that gets a team riled up and going.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
FOOTball:
Nemanja Vidic (Manchester United): One of the most improved players in the last couples of seasons. United brough him as an unknown and he's established himself as one of the best defenders in the world. I like his charachter off the pitch aswell, he's friendly and jokey.

Tennis:
Nadal - I really enjoy watching him perform, I like the fact he's so physically imposing yet so quick round the court, fantastic spinner of the ball. A joy to watch.

Snooker:
Ding Juinhui - The Chinese sensation always keeps his sool and never reveals his cards. He's got a great temperment that anyone would desire.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
FOOTball - Nemanja Vidic - Coming from a small country into a big club back then was a great accomplishment for a Serbian and he has taken the role of a defender at United really great and has stepped up as a player too. His leadership is wonderful.

AFL - Luke Ball - Has always been my favourite player and now he is playing for my club :D Best news ever.

Cricket - Shane Watson - Has always been let down by injuries and pronounced as "The Glass Man" but he has overcome the troubles and is currently doing a splendid job as an opener for Australia. I have always rated him and it's good to see him perform so well. Can the critics please step up?

Aaron10

Baseball: Ken Griffey Jr.
Football: LaDainian Tomlinson
Basketball: LeBron James
Golf: Tiger Woods
Soccer: Steven Gerrard

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Hockey 7
Wade8813 Baseball 11
Darksyde Music 8
Jeanie Music 26
Fresh NFL 7