• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Favorite Player

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Who's your favorite baseball player of all time? Mine is Ken Griffey Jr. Just watching him play was always a thrill for me to see, things he could do offensively and defensively on the baseball diamond was simply amazing. It's a shame all the injuries he had because I think he would of beaten the all time homerun record, and maybe more records, Carlos Delgado is a real close second

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I love David Ortiz. He's a goofy and happy guy and his bat is deadly. He's a great personality in the clubhouse because he's always got a grin and really brings up morale. Obviously, his offensive prowess is hard to beat as well. He's the only player in history to have two walk-off homers in the same postseason. The closest to that is Bernie Williams with 2 in his career.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Mine is David Eckstein. He ain't much of a homerun hitter but gets a lot of basehits and is a very good leadoff hitter. I like the way he play also he never gives up and always hustles.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didn't see that one coming Vegito I thought you where going to say Albert Pujols, but Eckstein is a hard working player, and very good defensive player as well.

Also David Ortiz is a monster the guy can hit the ball. I think he's the best clutch hitter in the Major Leagues.

D

djg007

My favorite player would have to be Omar Vizquel. Especially when he was with the Indians. I remember the World Series against the Braves and him causing my influence on being a shortstop for my baseball career.

N

nyisles16

lets see.. my all time favorite ball player would have been Edguardo Alfonzo.. sad to see that he was not resigned by the Mets & left for the "left coast" several years ago.. my favorite current Met would be either David Wright or Cliff Floyd.. both play hard and are class acts..

other players that I enjoy watching would be Jeter, Puljos, & Guerrero..

N

Nil Desperandum

My all-time fav is either Joe Carter (walkoff homer, c'mon!), Kirby Puckett, or Roger Clemens.

Right now, it's Vernon Wells and Roy Halladay.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
You must be Canadian my friend because first I saw you say that CB4 is your favorite player now you say all time favorite Joe Carter that's wonderful my friend Touch em all Joe. I think thats one of the best home runs that really meant something in MLB hoistory. I also like V dub and Doc Halladay.

Hoosier_Daddy

Registered Member
My favorite active player has to be Craig Biggio. He and David Eckstein are the two best blue collar players in the game today. Nothing fancy, just hard nosed baseball players. The edge goes to Biggio because of his years in MLB and his willingness to sacrifice for his team. I mean, he could have been a Hall-of-Fame caliber catcher for the Astro's had they not asked him to move to second base when they needed one in 1991. Then after 11 years as a second baseman they asked him to move to the outfield and he didn't miss a beat when he did it.

Hoosier

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Hockey 7
Jayy NBA 5
Babe_Ruth Hockey 12
Babe_Ruth Sports 8
Babe_Ruth Sports 2