Favorite Online Retail Sites

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wrecked, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Wrecked

Wrecked Registered Member

when you want to buy something online [ games/toys and what not ], which are your favorite sites to check out first?

---

DeepDiscountDVD.com [ DVDs and some games ]

+Free Shipping [ 5-10 buisness days ]
    +No Sales Tax
    *Sales tax charged for items shipping to an Illinois
    +Good Selection for DVDs [ had everything i wanted ]

-Game Selection/Prices are horrible

notes:
    usually has the lowest prices for DVDs but not always.

---

BigBadToyStore.com [ toys/figures ]

+Low Shipping Costs [ UPS w/track *cheapest* ]
    +No Sales Tax
    +Run by collectors
    +Good Selection
    +Good to Fair Prices

notes:
    they grade all their items [ condition of the items - good/mint/etc ] and if you want the top grade, just add a few more bucks.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I usually check eBay.com, as well as BestBuy.com. I'm not much of a thrift shopper online, mostly because I don't like making new accounts on various websites..

I rarely buy things online though, so it's not usually an issue for me.

3. NewGamePlus

NewGamePlus Registered Member

Ebay sucks ass. No offense Andrew, but at least 95% of the sellers there are crooks trying to trick people into getting them the most money possible while giving them the lowest standards of service possible. That's why you see so many people starting auctions at ridiculous prices like .01 or 99 cents while charging a fortune for S&H when they don't actually need to use all the money they designate for that cost. Nobody there has a single ounce of honesty, integrity, or decent business ethics of any type.

4. Wrecked

Wrecked Registered Member

eBay is filled with a bunch of scammers... people that sell empty boxes [ i.e. an xbox box ], people that sell pictures [ i.e. put up a picture of a whole collection of games and up for bid is the picture itself and not what was photo'd ] people that accept paypal payments then empty out their account so that you can't get your money back, etc.

5. Gamechamp

Gamechamp Registered Member

eBay. They've always got what I want. However, I only shop there for hard to find things, usually old ones. I've not once been scammed, but on two occasions there were problems. The first was with a SNES controller, said to be new, yet the R button was jammed in, so the slightest force would make it press down, even just resting my finger on it. Also, I got a Genesis, which worked perfectly, but I had to use the cable thing for my NES because the cord that came with the Genesis was for a different model. However, I noticed that they hadn't left feedback on me, and I left none on them for fear that they were the type that would leave the same type of feedback I made, so saying something bad would make me look bad, not a good thing for someone who's used eBay less than 10 times.

6. NewGamePlus

DUDE!!! You IDIOT!!!

What do you care what you get bad feedback for? If the bastards are going to be bastards to you, then make the bastards PAY!!! It's not like they're going to do business with people any better when you don't say anything. If anything they're just going to get worse and worse because people like you won't say anything. It's not like it's a freaking popularity contest or something. If you get too much bad feedback and you don't like it, you can always start over with a new account anyways.

7. Gamechamp

Gamechamp Registered Member

Making a new account would make me lose the good feedback I have already. Some people won't sell to you if your account doesn't have any/good enough feedback. I've actually missed out on some good deals because they said they wouldn't sell to people with lower than 25+ positive feedback.

8. NewGamePlus

That's retarded. 25+ is too much even for someone who's been there awhile and just wants to get things every now and then. If someone's going to require that much from buyers, then they're obviously either very paranoid and/or just making the auction for ebay fanatics like themselves who live their lives on the system. At the very least, they're cutting themselves off from a HUGE amount of buyers by setting the bar that high, which is dumb for them. So who cares about their good deals? I wouldn't buy from them just on principle.

9. GlodenBob788

GlodenBob788 Registered Member

FROOGLE:)

way better

10. Birdhouse

Birdhouse Registered Member

i go to target.com or walmart.com and toysrus.com they all have alot of video game.Also all the game store website