Movies Favorite old movie

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Alright guys I want to know what's your favorite old movie of all time? What I mean by old movie, I mean a movie that was made at least 40 years ago, and why?

For me it has to be Ben-Hur it's a great movie, it's long for there's a great story behind it, and Charlton Heston and Jack Hawkins did such a good job at portraying their roles. There's a lot of talking at some points, which people might think it ruins the movie and it's long and boring because of it, but I disagree, the movie never gets boring, and I never thought it was to long.

Discuss?

If you haven't seen a movie that old, then don't bother replying please.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Ben-Hur is an awesome movie. It was on TV here just a little while ago in fact. It's up there on my list of favorite old movies but I'm a sucker for even slightly older stuff from the black and white time period.

My favorite old movie is easily Frank Capra's "It's a Wonderful Life" from 1946. It's very similar in some part to Back to the Future 2, which is my favorite Back to the Future movie. It's about a guy (played by Jimmy Stewart) who gets to the point where he is about to commit suicide, before having a chance to see how he effected the lives of everybody he knows and the town he lives in.

It's a Wonderful Life (1946)

One thing I noticed about really old movies is that the acting was almost always top-notch. You don't see bad actors in old movies and the reason for that is that movies cost so much to make back then that only the best actors really ever had a chance at hitting the big screen. It wasn't like today where Disney can put out 10 teenager movies in a week's time with bad to decent acting.

3. Sephy

Sephy Forum Drifter

Gone With The Wind. Saw it a few years ago and actually thought it was pretty good. Also the original War Of The Worlds was cool but I'm not sure how old that movie is. I just know that it's old.

4. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Casablanca is not only my favorite old movie, it's my number one favorite movie ever. I love everything about this movie. great story, great characters, great lines - it's got it all.

5. domkenn

domkenn New Member

Hard to choose, there are so many. Probably 'To Kill A Mockingbird'. Great story, great characters and great acting. Inspiring movie

6. Colt

Colt Registered Member

So far all the movies listed would be my choice so I will have to go with Fort Apache because it was another classic John Wayne/ John Ford western with a very nice love story between the fabulous Maureen Ohare and John Wayne. It was a great story of not following the rules per say and doing what is right or just.

7. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

have you read the book? it's in my top 5 books :nod:

8. moonshine

moonshine New Member

yeah to kill a mockingbird is an awesome movie.

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I've heard so many great things about this movie but never had the chance to see it yet. I want to rent it, but I have problems finding the movie at rental stores.

Another good old movie has to be Planet of the Apes, that was really well made as well, and great acting.

10. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Somebody is a Charleston Heston fan? I kind of miss him in movies now. It would be cool to see him make a return but he's pretty old now so I don't know what he would star in nowadays.

Clint Eastwood got back into the ring though so I don't see why Heston couldn't if he wanted to. He seems to be doing ok as NRA president for the time being though. Probably keeps him busy enough.