Favorite Musicals

Discussion in 'Music' started by Shwa, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

Here's a thread where people can show/tell what is their favorite musical is and why. I have a couple but I wanted to know what everyone else liked as well, here are mne and why I like them:

Chicago: This one is my absolute favorite because its not that simple as other musicals, its back in the 20's and it has an interesting pplot with great actors (I'm speaking about eh new version on DVD). I liked the songs and what they had to work with as well

RENT: This has to be my second favorite because I didn't like some of the characters on there, but the songs were amazing and really awsome to listen and sing along to.

West Side Story
    : A classic musical with a sad ending, the songs were nice to listen to and I liked that it had a point to the story....that gangs are bad, lol.

The Producers: All Around funny, great plot twists with a colorful cast of actors. Love the story line and the songs in this musical.

The Music Man
    : All around, all-time favorite oldies musical. Family Guy does a lot of refferences to this musical if people watch carefully.

Vegito728 likes this.

2. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

RENT and Hairspray are amazing. (The original Hairspray, I haven't seen the new one.)

Shwa, has anyone ever told you that you look like Angel from RENT? You totally do.

"To hand crafted beers made in local breweries, to yoga, to yogurt, to rice and beans and cheese. To leather, to dildos"

3. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

RENT was good I thought. I was dragged to it by some of my lady-friends, but it turned out better than I thought it would be.

Musicals aren't that bad to me except one...High School Musical. It should burn in the seventh layer of hell with Hitler and Richard Simmons.

4. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

Amen to that, every time the kids log onto DisneyChannel.com in the computer lab their ads for High School Musical 2 plays simultaniously or seperatly, so annoying! ><

Haha, I was told that a lot in high school. I use to hate it because the character was so oposite of a gay than I am. But now I take it as a compliment, because I would love to sing and dance like that....randomly lol.

~Shwa'

Vegito728 likes this.
  5. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

Also, the white guy that's main character said in a magazine that he did no singing in the first movie and cd. What a chump.

6. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

You mean someone else was singing? It wasn't him? Mark sucks.

7. Duke1985

Duke1985 EatsApplePieShitsFreedom

Rocky Horror Picture Show-

Its awesomeness is beyond that any musical I've seen, oh and its pretty damn funny.

8. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

Grease is probably my all time favorite.

A Funny Thing Happened to Me on the Way to The Forum is a very close second.

Hoosier.

9. Hinata

Hinata La Coquette

Grease, Hairspray and Chicago are some of my favorites thats for sure.. and heck even Annie can give these guys a run...

10. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

AH! Grease! How could I forget such a classic?

+rep Hoosier.