• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Favorite movie scenes/lines

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Eveyryone has their favorite movies, scenes and lines, but what are some of your favorite lines and scenes that aren't very important, but you love anyways. Here are a few of mine:

Rocky II: When Rocky starts sprinting away from the kids, this one kid takes off after him and stays with him for a couple of seconds.

Rocky III: While Rocky, Mickey, Paulie and Al stand in the ring before the exhibition with Thunderlips, his entrance music cues and Thunberlips (Hogan) begins to make his way to the ring. Paulie says, "why they carrying him?" Right on cue, Mick turns and faces all of them and spits out, "he's walkin'!"

Rocky IV: The training montage for Rocky and Drago.

Misha Mayhem

Registered Member
The chemical burn scene from Fight Club... I will always have that burned into my mind.

And for a favorite line from a film, comes from Jackie Brown: "The AK-47... the very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes!"

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
One more from Rocky II:

The press conference scene to announce the rematch, when Paulie mouths off, "His lungs, he's gonna punch out" at Apollo.

Apollo: "Now who's that, Al Capone?"

The look on Rocky's face is hilarious.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
When Ace Ventura returns that dog to the bimbo at the beginning of the first movie and she "thanks" him.

Okay, not really :lol:

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
A few good men:

Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Jessep: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
Kaffee: Did you order the code red?
Jessep: (quietly) I did the job you sent me to do.
Kaffee: Did you order the code red?
Jessep: You're goddamn right I did!!

That's movie history right there folks

Misha Mayhem

Registered Member
Gee, Bizzy, you don't like the Rocky movies, do ya? ;)

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Ye all suck! The answer is obvious to anyone who watches action/war movies.

Full Metal Jack. Gunnery Sergeant Hartman.

Who said that? Who the fuck said that? Who's the slimy little communist shit, twinkle-toed cocksucker down here who just signed his own death warrant? Nobody, huh? The fairy fucking godmother said it. Out-fucking-standing. I will PT you all until you fucking die! I'll PT you until your assholes are sucking buttermilk.
Most of his lines were not even in the script. I could stop watching FMJ once Gomer blows himself away and say "Fuck that was an awesome movie"...

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Where the hell are you from anyway, private?
Private Cowboy: Sir, Texas, sir.
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Holy dog shit! Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy, and you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dicks?
Private Cowboy: Sir, no, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Are you a peter puffer?
Private Cowboy: Sir, no, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: I bet you're the kind of guy who would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around. I'll be watching you!
So much comedy gold in that movie...

willge87

Registered Member
Apocalypse Now when the helicopters attack the Viet Cong village to Wagner's Ride of the Valkriyes.

Robert Duvall has his infamous line in aftermath of that scene:

Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that.
[kneels]
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like
[sniffing, pondering]
Kilgore: victory. Someday this war's gonna end...
[suddenly walks off]

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Die Hard: "We're gonna need some more FBI guys, I guess."

In Rocky III: During the second fight with Clubber, Rocky is getting his pep talk from Duke between rounds and is incredibly psyched up. Paulie is holding the spit bucket, but Rocky misses and spits all over Paulie's shirt. Paulie looks pissed, but Rocky is so focused on the fight he never even ackowledges it.

Can you tell I'm a huge Rocky fan? Lol

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
The Shawshank Redemption: "Remember, Red. Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

I also love the scene that this leads up to.