Movies Favorite movie from a book

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Everyone knows that a lot of movies are based on books. Now I was wondering what is your favorite movie that was based on a book and why?

I can't think of anything right now, but I'll give my opinion after I see a few replies.

2. redsoxocd

redsoxocd living on the border

definately Field of Dreams, which was based on the Novel Shoeless Joe by W.P. Kinsella

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Die Hard

Easily my favorite book adaption out there. Although, I really want to read I Am Legend after seeing the movie just to gauge how well it represented the book.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow I didn't know that at all, I'm going to need to look for that book, Field of Dreams is one of my favorite baseball movies, so I'm sure I'll like the book.

Cons I agree with you, one of my friends read the book and she said it was really good. I liked the movie so I'm probably going to read the book as well, the movie was awesome.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Forrest Gump is definitely one of the best.

I haven't seen Into the Wild yet, but I loved the book by Jon Krakauer, and I've heard the movie is pretty good too.

6. newgirlintown

newgirlintown Registered Member

I am legend is a brilliant book, but i havent seen the film yet! But it does look amazing!
    War of the worlds is pretty damn good. But I am very excited about the hollywood version of The Bell Jar, which is said to be out at the end of the year. One of my favourite books, so it better be good!

7. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I would say Forrest Gump if it wasn't for the fact that the story of the book and the story of the movie are entirely different from one another.

I'm going to have to say that (based on accuracy and cinematic quality) that no one can touch Lord of the Rings for the time being.

8. Ryourin

Ryourin Registered Member

Probably Fight Club, which I think was based on that book from Chuck Palahniuk...?
    I haven't read it, but I loved the movie.

And I think "Girl, interrupted", also one of my favorite movies, was based on a book. Not sure which one though.

9. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

The Lord Of The Rings, for sure, I just can't stop watching that movie it's just so good and I have the extended edition for all 3 movies which adds up to about 12 hours of movie and the full directors commentary comes with it I need to watch that sometime those are always interesting.