Favorite Media Player?

Discussion in 'Music' started by GreenFX, Nov 6, 2006.

1. GreenFX

GreenFX Guest

Everyone has a favorite media player for the computer. Realplayer, Windows MP, iTunes, Sonic Stage, and others. What's yours and why, why don't you like the others. Is it cuz they have better options for your music or are compatible with your mp3 players and iPods.

Mine is Realplayer but I use iTunes cuz it is compatible with my iPod (RP is also compatible but it takes to long to update) I like the sheep visualizer on RP is pretty funny.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I never really like Real Player that much, I've always used Windows Media Player and never seem to have a problem with it, and I'll stick with it till something bad happens.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

If iTunes wasn't so damned buggy and slow, I'd like it a lot more.

4. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

Winamp. 1/2 the system resources of WMP, 1/6 the resouces of iTunes, doesn't suck BALLS like Real Player. Seriously, Real Player is one of the worst media players I've EVER used... it's ugly, slow, buggy, donno if it still does but it used to be just riddled with ads... no benefit to using it... if you happen to have Real Rhapsody, that's not too terrible a service, but to use Real Player as a standalone media player... gah. I'd use iTunes because I've got an iPod and I have to update it through that, but it's much easier to use Winamp for my media playing needs and then just use iTunes on the rare occasions that I want to update my iPod... iTunes is slow (uses more system resources than any of the other players), and I don't particularly like the way it looks but each to their own. WMP is kinda shitty, but it does what it needs to... lacking a search function though which is annoying. Winamp is the best because it's the fastest (fewest resources than any of the rest), best looking (if you don't like the default, you can download a new skin out of the thousands to choose from), and it's extremely functional... has nice default visualizations too, not that that really matters much.

5. GreenFX

GreenFX Guest

Yes, iTunes is so ugly! I hate it's gray look. WMP is cool, but I don't use it cuz it doesn't have podcasts like iTunes. RP is pretty cool. It works on all of my old computers fine and doesn't look as bad as iTunes. It's pretty quick whe I use it. You must have an older version. iTunes 7 (the new one) can flip thru albums unlike the others and has a great search option but it's plugins slow down iTunes so much that they're worthless. So I can see why you see thing s the way you do.

6. blinkkidmutt

blinkkidmutt Guest

iTunes all the way baby. I've used iTunes ever since I got my first computer. Just soooooo easy.

7. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

I donno how a media player can be easy... they've all got play/pause/stop/etc buttons where they're nice and easy to find. In terms of ease, I'd say they're all about equal.

8. GreenFX

GreenFX Guest

No I think Blink means that everything is in a convienent place in iTunes (which it is) and sure iTunes is easy if you own a MAC! Windows OS iTunes is a bit more complicated (especially the plugins)

9. blinkkidmutt

blinkkidmutt Guest

Well maybe you should go get a Mac, way less hassle.

10. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

Less hassle, perhaps... also less functionality. But that's really a more appropriate discussion for the Tech forum (in General Discussion) so I won't make a big deal out of it here.

*shrug* I'm pretty sure the buttons are all pretty similarly laid out between the programs. Although if he's on a Mac, he doesn't really have many options anyways so iTunes may in fact be the best (and easiest due to the difficulty of finding other options) for him.