Movies Favorite Lord Of The Rings Movie?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by dDave, Nov 11, 2009.

?

What is your favorite Lord Of The Rings movie?

1. The Fellowship of the Ring

42.9%
  2. The Two Towers

42.9%
  3. Return of The King

14.3%
  1. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Seriously, there are 3 Lord Of The Rings Movies.

I realize that there are different versions of the movies (extended, and theatrical) but I'll be putting these under the same general name.

I'll never forget the first time I watched The Lord Of The Rings, ever since I watched them for the first time they've been my favorite movies ever, I've only ever seen the extended versions.

Which one is your favorite? and why?

My favorite of the 3 is probably the Fellowship of The Ring, the other ones are awesome as well but this movie really developed a deep plot unlike any other movie. I really enjoyed all of the different places they went in such a short period of time and how they made the journey of the fellowship so real to the viewer.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009

2. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Seriously, Two Towers. Even though this movie strayed the most from the book.

Return of the King felt...so long after a certain point.

3. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I told myself that I was going to watch the first one and I did and my dumbass fell asleep halfway through the movie. At least I think it was halfway. If it is on tv again, I think I am going to record it this time.

4. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Fellowship of the Ring; as this was the beginning and possibly the best one I've seen for movie series. It was all nice and calm.

5. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

The Return of the King - after a marathon of the 3 extended versions of the movies I was glad it was finally over :D 12 hours was it..? Something like that.

6. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I've only see the extended versions too, and it's/they're my favourite film(s) ever. Not sure I can pick one. But for the purposes of this thread I'll go with The Fellowship.., even thought I absolutely love the battles in the last 2 movies.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

The Two Towers.

Nothing will ever top the Helm's Deep battle, it was fucking epic and I loved every moment of it. The other two movies were great as well, but Two Towers definitely got my adrenaline going.

8. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

I liked the 2nd movie a lot better than the other 2....

ROTK seemed to drag on quite a bit, and I actually slept through the movie.

9. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I watched The Fellowship of the Ring over the weekend for the first time. I haven't seen the other two yet, so I can't say which is my favorite. I'm not really into fantasy type stuff, so I probably won't get obsessed over this series like a lot of other people, but I still found the first movie interesting and entertaining even though I was confused about some things, maybe because I haven't read the books. I definitely liked it enough to want to watch the other two movies.

10. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I liked the first one the best. It almost doesn't feel right picking a favorite though because really the way they did these they feel like one big movie. The movies don't really feel separate and they pick up right where the last one left off.

I really enjoyed the whole trilogy. I like the first because it really sets up a lot of the plot. 2 and 3 are 99% as good as #1 though, so Echoes you better see those too. You might like them better. The first one is a bit slow compared to the others but that's part of why I like it. I feel it gives the viewer enough time to really get a sense of being IN middle earth.

The third has the best music though.
    The theme when the beacons are being lit is awesome!